Pentax DA 70mm Limited lens - Hood?

pauluk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

Ive just bought the Pentax DA 70mm Limited lens.

Has anyone any experience of this lens and dfo you keep the hood on? I would like too shoot without hood as it is smaller and am wondering whats the whole point of it.

Thanks
Paul

What do you think of this lens? It has a relatively small aperture for the price, in fact most of the DA series does, i was wondering if the quality of the pictures justifies this.

supposively the 2.4 aperture isn't a problem because the lens looks fantastic wide open, whereas a 1.8 may be sharp at 2.4, but 1.8 would be lacking edge sharpness.

the build is very solid and all the reviews ive read have stated excellent optical quality.

apparently photography magazine rated the pentax FA 77mm limited as one of the best prime lenses they'd ever tested and the DA 70mm is as good.

the only cons ive heard about is a possiblity in certain circumstances of purple fringing in some hightlight areas.

With any lens, I tend to carry a hood and often use them; it reduces the possibility of lens flare. It's your call really; if you don't think the light is going to cause problems then don't bother with the hood, after all the lens is well-coated, but I would still take the hood with you even if you don't keep it on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back