Pentax K-1000

Congratulations on a couple of excellent choices there - both are pretty solid and reliable, and I think the Minolta has DOF preview. The lenses you've got there are both famously good; I have that Pentax 50mm myself and it's easily my favourite lens. There are billions (almost) of K-mount lenses around, and both they and Minolta mount lenses can be picked up ridiculously cheap used, especially since AFAIK the lenses for the older Minolta cameras can't be used on any of the newer autofocus or digital Minolta models, and are therefore doing the rounds on the second-hand market (although it's extremely annoying for me as an owner of a modern AF Minolta who can't find any good prime lenses for it!)

You certainly got a bargain there. A few years back I got myself a Pentax P30 for about the same price, and while it's a great camera it's not quite as well-built or simply as classy as a K1000. What's more, I had to buy another, different model (P30t) as well since the first one didn't have a thread for a shutter release! As for the Minolta, well I'd say 'free' is quite a bargain too :D Once again, congratulations! I am insanely jealous... :mrgreen:

Actually, it is a fair deal. The K-1000 is a great camera, but the 50mm/F2 is a so/so lens and not in the league of the lengendary F1.4. But go ahead and enjoy and shoot...and don't forget, you can always use the lens and any other lens you purchase for the K1000 on the D line of Pentax digital cameras.

If by so/so you mean not as good as a 1.4, well yeah :). It's hardly a bad lens, and I still prefer it to all my other 50mms. Plus from what I've seen K1000s don't often come with 1.4s in that condition for that price.

Most reactions

Back