Pentax K-5 review

fotomumma09

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
His review has got me curious! Sounds like a very competitive camera! I had my heart set on a 60D but now I'm second guessing. Any thoughts?

Pentax has been an underdog for as long as they have been around. They produce good bodies, excellent glass and price very affordably. They only thing they don't do well is advertise. They are most definitely worth considering.

I don't know too much about the 60d but this site gives a side by side comparison : Canon 60D vs Pentax K-5

I've only owned my k5 for a couple of months and I've been really impressed so far. Great high iso performance, dynamic range, build quality and ergonomics are some of the things that stick out in my mind. Not to mention in body stabilization and weather sealing. My body cost me $950. Pentax also has some really great lenses, maybe not as many as Canikon but the ability to use older manual lenses is a huge plus in my mind.

I don't use the video function very often, but I hear that lacks in comparison to some of the competitors. Availability of local stock may also be a problem depending on your location, Im blessed with many local stores that carry the brand but I have heard this complaint from some others.

If you have any questions on the k5, feel free to ask :)

If you were going to shoot 95% sports I would say don't go with the Pentax. In everything else I would say that it is an awesome camera. I've had one since they first came out. I have some incredible sports shots mind you, but that's my opinion. Everything is fantastic except I would want a better autofocus. I grew up shooting sports without it, and I can make it work. This shot was taken on court right after a win in volleyball.
team.jpg

Most reactions

Back