Pentax K-5 Shooting soft

BlueCobalt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have had my K-5 for bout a year and a half now and it seems like every picture is coming out soft. I try different lenses and it always seems the same thing what i want in focus is soft. Yes I use the AF more then anything. But it just seems that it is definitely a problem with the camera. If i, taking a portrait I could have the AF point on the eyes and it will auto focus in but then the eye will be slightly out of focus. Any suggestions??

Not much information to go on here...do you use multiple lenses? Is your lens' rear element clean and smudge-free? Do you shoot at low ISO values all the time, thus leading to slow shutter speeds? Got any photos as examples? A photo is worth a thousand words when one needs to have other people diagnose his photo troubles via on-line forums!

10810033926_2e12c08c57_c.jpg

here is an example. im shooting1/25 on a tripod at ISO 400. this photo is completely unedited. just saved it to JPEG. when you zoom in on the eyes its soft.

and yes i do use multiple lenses and always seems the same. the kit lens the camera came with 18-55 seems to make the softness worse though so i dont use that one a lot. yes it seems to be smudge free and i try to keep them clean as possible. no i change ISO values when needed. although i try to stay below 800.

10810484913_ec33f568b5_c.jpg

another example unedited. was experimenting with a gel flash. 1/125 f/8 at 400iso. focus on the eyes and its soft

Have you got anything shot in a bit brighter light? Maybe a couple of test shots taken outdoors in good lighting? Little hard to judge the sharpness on these given the lighting conditions.

A photo is worth a thousand words when one needs to have other people diagnose his photo troubles via on-line forums!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back