Pentax K-50 or Nikon D3300

Discussion in 'Pentax Cameras' started by Titania11, Jun 29, 2016.

1. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Actually the wording wasn't clear as you didn't specify models and seemed to be lumping the entire line into the hobbyists category. If that wasn't the intent then I misunderstood and apologize. I would consider the D3300 referenced by the OP much more a hobbyist camera when compared to the features of the K50. Moving on up the line the k1 or 645z hardly qualify as hobbyist, any more than would applying the term to top of the line Canon or Nikon. Sorry if I was overly touchy as we Pentax users tend to be seen as the "outsiders" sometimes, despite the side by side comparisons.

2. robbins.photo

robbins.photo Yup, It's The Zoo Guy Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Well didn't realize I was supposed to specify everything down to the knats behind to keep from running afoul of PADL - the Pentax Anti-Defamation League.

The intent behind the statement was meant as complimentary, meaning that Pentax puts features like focus peaking, in body stablization, etc, etc, into their camera bodies. Which is why the word PHENOMENAL was used at the start of that whole discussion. Not a word I generally toss around a lot.

The only "negative" I listed for Pentax was the availability of used lenses, that was it.

3. smoke665

smoke665 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Then again for the second time, I apologize for misreading your comment. The limited availability of used lenses is a problem, which may be due in part to the limited line up under the Pentax line, the durability of the lenses, (I'm still holding on to a lot of my earlier ones), and the lack of third party manufacturers because the line isn't as popular as the others

4. pez

pez No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

K-70...