pentax k-mount adapter

Discussion in 'Pentax Accessories' started by iPhoto17, Apr 15, 2012.

1. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    You should read more carefully.

None of what you said is related to my response.

* Of course the only way to focus an old Pentax lens is by the lens.. I didn't say anything contrary
    * I wasn't talking about any other 5D nor making a comparison. In the case of the 5D, you have the option of using the Optical viewfinder to manually focus lenses.. this is ideal. LCD attachments for the 5D were specifically motivated by the video enthusiasts. Neither is not an option on the E-P1 suggested which provides only a rear LCD to focus.
    * I wasn't making a reference to everyone else's preferences towards EVF. I was stating that without EVF the Pen isn't ideal for manual lenses. Add the EVF the Pen is no longer "inexpensive".
    * I didn't say that the EVF was the only way to manual focus on Pens. I said it was uncomfortable to focus using just the rear LCD.

Adaptation of many older lenses (K-mount included) is right up my alley... I do this all the time with Pentax and micro 4 3.

2. Boyun

Boyun TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the clarification. I use other lenses (not necessary old lenses or it is cheaper) on the NEX-7 because that is what I want and I like to do it. You are probably more or less my side, however iPhoto17 [op] is addressing another issue as well. Please look up a few posts, " ...but the d3000 is cheaper to shoot with." Do you have a suggestion for iPhoto17?

3. Svandru

Svandru TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nikon and Pentax bayonets are very similar, though one goes on clockwise and the other counter-clockwise. I have mostly Pentax, but I also have a couple Nikon lenses that will lock onto my Pentax bodies. Well, they don't lock with the pin, they just get tight. I've done that occasionally, but it never occured to me to try a Pentax lens on a Nikon body. The flange to sensor distance on Nikon and Pentax are pretty close and you can probably achieve infinity focus if the aperture isn't too large. By the way, I've never seen a good review of the lensed adapters. If you try one, please let us know how it performs.

4. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    I already made an alternative suggestion.... an older Pentax DSLR. See my original post.

5. Crollo

Crollo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah except Canon FD lenses on EOS bodies.

6. Crollo

Crollo TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think you need to think long and hard about the things you're saying before you say them.​ Stop using the computer while unattended please.

7. enzodm

enzodm No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    true!

8. fotojack

fotojack TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    While we're on the subject.....I have an old Pentax K1000 film camera with a lot of lenses. Can I use any of those lenses on my D200? What kind of an adapter would I need if I could? Or did I miss something somewhere along the line here! :)

9. nimendrum

nimendrum TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Because of the back flange distance, it is almost impossible to use other SLR system lenses on a Nikon SLR without compromising. You either lose infinity focus, or you have to use an adapter that has a group of lenses, which degrades overall optical quality.

10. pez

pez No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit

The Nikon K mount adapter has to have optics in it? Wow, that has to be a truly horrible way to attempt to use K-mount lenses. Why not just buy a K50 body or one of the K-5II bodies floating around for crazy discounts right now? These current bodies will give you excellent results with all of your old Pentax glass. Also the K50, K-01, and K-3 all have focus peaking, which is awesome and just what you need for older manual lenses.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014