pentax K10D or Nikon D40

Also, what kind of price drops are expect around July for the D80, D40, A200, A300, A350, and K10D?

//shakes magic 8 ball
//waits
//"Outlook cloudy...check back later"

How are we to know? Prices drop when new models come out. Starting to smell a troll here. Do you have any interest in buying any camera?

//shakes magic 8 ball
Starting to smell a troll here. Do you have any interest in buying any camera?

omg, you caught me.

if i didnt want to buy a camera, then i wouldn't post here. i'll stop posting here then.

someone delete this thread, as a 'troll' made it.

can anybody answer my question(s)? ^^

The reason why no one responded is because they can't ... Think about it for a second... really think about the question you just bumped....

Do you honestly think (logically) that anyone here in the forum will have that type of information?? Even the employee base within those companies could not answer you. If that information was made public, that would just hurt the sales of the current product line. There is a reason why information is kept guarded.

The best you can do is to look at the cameras that the current models replaced back when the new models were released in the previous year. That should give you a ballpark figure.

I am going to be brutally honest. If you are asking what price drops to expect, then more than likely you can't afford the cameras you are considering... period.

I honestly think the previous poster showed a little frustration because you started the thread with 2 cameras to compare. People (including me) took the time to respond. Then your final post shows that you are now considering 6+ cameras. Pretty much means two things.

*) a consumer that didn't seriously read through the wealth of information posted in this thread
*) the type of consumer that wants some one to slap them with a product so they themselves don't have to do any work towards a decision.
*) the type of consumer that wants to point the finger at someone else if there is disappointment.

I highly doubt you are that type of consumer as you started this thread asking the right question. I am just pointing out that this is how you may be presenting yourself in a type of communication that is imperfect because of the lack of direct face to face, human to human interaction.

Remember... communication is two way interaction.. You take and give back in this forum. Don't just keep taking.... At the very least, go to a store and handle the cameras you are considering. Then post your opinion here so that future members can read your input.

I can understand your thought process here, as you had initially narrowed your choice down to two cameras that you thought would meet your needs in a digital camera. Both cameras are fine models, and both have their own pros and cons / pluses and minuses.

Confusion may have been created as posters started sharing their views, plus your own research made you rethink your final decisions of which two cameras were the best in your mind. This is what is so great about forums, is that you can get a lot of information as everyone weighs in their opinions to you. And a lot of excellent advice has been proffered in this thread.

Don't worry about it....with so many different cameras, sometimes it is a challenge to figure out exactly what you want.

As to asking what the forum thinks is a projected price for any camera 4 to 5 months from now, I can understand your rationale....you are fixing to put down a chunk of money for something that it may have taken you a long time to save up for, and you want to maximize your dollar, and get the best bang for your buck.

This is a question that is hard to answer, especially with the economy being in the shape that it is in.

You can assume (always remember what the word "assume" means....) that prices should drop as newer models are introduced, which has happened to both of the models that you inquired about. To what extent there is going to be further price drops is what we can't crystal ball.

So, to answer your question...prices will probably drop, and that it the best that I can help you with.

To add my $0.02 to the thread....Pentax.

Good luck, and I hope you finally get the camera that you want. It will be worth the wait.

As for the flash, build in flashes are jokes anyway, your pictures will look like taken by a compact...

The K10D seems fare more interesting to me, or get a used D80/D70 if you want to go for nikon.
But I would rather go for the K10D as it's a better bang for the buck, and you could save for nice lenses.
Nikon lenses are nice but especially the expensive ones...
10.5mm f2.8 look good ^_^

Most reactions

New Topics

Back