Pentax K10D

benjikan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone;

I have been shooting for over 20 years and have used everything from Bronica to Sinar to 'Blad to Canon and to Fuji. I have shot with the Pentax 645 and 6x7 film camera's.

As of about two week's ago I decided to change my digital platform to Pentax and their K10D's. So far I am very pleased with the quality of the images as well as the ergonomics of the camera.

I'll use it this weekend for a Fashion shoot for "Issue One" magazine UK.

It will be the first shoot using it professionally. Anyhow after twenty years of using Canon, this is a big move for me...

Cheers
Benjamin Kanarek

Hello Benjamin, make sure you post some of your pics here, I'm very curious about the K10D. Thanks.

Hello there,

Using a non-Canon/Nikon in a professional capacity?! But that is against all laws of nature! I must rush to the window to see if the sky is still suspended! :lol:

Good luck with the shoot and please do let us know how it goes. I'm very interested in the K10d.

Hello there,

Using a non-Canon/Nikon in a professional capacity?! But that is against all laws of nature! I must rush to the window to see if the sky is still suspended! :lol:

Good luck with the shoot and please do let us know how it goes. I'm very interested in the K10d.

The treatment I am getting from Pentax is incredible. They are coming to my shoot this weekend where I will be presenting some user feedback to them to send off to R&D in Tokyo. Being that I was sponsored by Canon and published as such, it was a big move for me to move to Pentax. Of course I have used their fine 645 and 6x7. I can't wait to get my hands on the 645D when it comes out in about six months. I am presently using two K10D's two grips and the following lenses. 12-24, 16-45, 21, 40, 70 Limiteds and the 100 Macro. They will give me the 16-50 and 50-135 in March.

I will attempt to post the images from this weekend once Post Prod is done.
Problem. How do I upload images. Normally all I do is drag an image to my desktop choose file and upload. That isn't the case here...

Benji there is no facility for uploading images here except for subscribers - instead you have to link to other sites.

Well, it isn't a Sinar but it is a perfectly competent camera system. You won't have any problems getting the results you want any more than you have with any other camera system you've used. Good shooting.

You'll like it. The body-integral anti-shake is brilliant.
However, they don't recommend you use the anti-shake for panning shots, so keep that in mind.

Of course I have used their fine 645 and 6x7. I can't wait to get my hands on the 645D when it comes out in about six months. I

WELL LOOK AT THAT!!! I've been wondering about the digital 645 for ssssooooo long that I thought Pentax abandoned that project. I'm a junkie of Pentax stuff and I've been waiting for more than a decade for Pentax to show the innovative spirit of past years.

The old 645 is one my all time favorite cameras. Large enough for a nice size negative... all the advantages of an SLR.. and small enough to carry around. Used to always have it packed in my bag with the small ME w/ 40mm pancake in my pocket. Sometimes it surprises me how much I enjoyed it over the typical 35mm Canon and zoom.

When I first heard about the 645D a few years ago, I seriously considered selling my entire EOS system to get myself into that 645D (nothing wrong with the Canon.. I just like the 645 more). Assuming that the 645D maintains backward compatibility with older manual lenses, I just might do that....

67 digital back would be interesting... although my 67 has rarely left the shelf. Its a tank! and built like one too.

Benjakin... Congrats on building a good relationship with Pentax and oh please keep posting. I'd like to hear more. You listed a 40mm in your previous post. Is that the 40mm f2.8 really thin lens? Oh boy does that remind me of the 40mm pancake manual.

Most reactions

Back