Pentax k20--looking for the idiot button ????

leighthal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need some beyond the manual help.
I recently purchased a k20 pentax. I have been putting it through the paces with all the different settings to make sure everything works.
I can't get live view to work????
According to the manual it should be a simple "turn option on under menu".
CHECK
But nothing happens. No live view. (For the 1 time in 10,000 that I will need it)
Is there some idiot button I'm missing? Is it a case of you need the second battery to run it perhaps? I'm at a total loss. Before I take it back to the store and ask the "professionals" I'll take a stab at looking like a noob and asking my fellow TPFer's.

Any help received earns grovelling at your feet! :hail:

LOL, 20 views.... no help. Me thinks we are all looking for the idiot button.

In the case of my canon 450D to get the Live view mode, you have to press the "SET" button (on the default startup screen)
try that?

thats a review (not watched it all yet) but from what i see... the in camera image editing really sells this... i would love for canon to do that!, does anyone know if canon does do it?
I must admit canon has a pretty bad Menu and user functions compared to most other camera

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, did those settings in menu... and watched that very video a few days ago.
I took it in to the shop where I bought it and it seems it is defective. They could not get it to work (there shop model works just like the manual). We tried factory reset and still no go.
In 5-7 business days I get my replacement.

Thanks anyways.

Most reactions

Back