Pentax or Nikon?

Here comes the representative for Minolta... Love my Minolta gear!

Well, the polling is officially over. I ended up with the Pentax *ist. It should be here in a few days. I looked through the features of it and the N80 Nikon and ultimately decided I would stay with a Pentax.

Thanks to all who voiced an opinion

*Sits in corner cradleing camera....whispering to it that it will one day get the recognition it deserves*

I have a Pentax *istD & if I get another 35mm body after I sell my Contax stuff it'll probably be the *ist because I already have lenses.

ksmattfish is right, for film a camera body is just a light-tight box has holds film so you can expose it to light to form an image.

Pick one that fits your hands and feels good. The most expensive camera in the world isn't worth a dime if you have to constantly fight with it to take pics.

A camera should aid you in taking pics, not get in your way. Regardless of whose name is on the label.

ksmattfish said:
But by now they've probably jumped on the "screw the consumer" band wagon just like the industry leaders (Nikon & Canon).
Umm... whatcha talking about? :? Any decent Canon lens is a metal mount...

Those who get "consumer" lenses usually don't need a metal mount to begin with. They don't need an SLR at all. :?

Most reactions

Back