people from all over the world are speaking the "same language"

pbelarge

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have belonged to a number of other sites, based on my work industry. Generally, the conversations are restricted to people in the US, but once in a while some others will chime in, even though it is hard to have those conversations across borders, as Standards are different.

But...
On this site, people from all over the world are speaking the "same language"

It seems that no matter who responds, and wherever they are from, we can all speak the same language. I think that is just too much fun and really makes this forum more fun!!!:mrgreen:

While cleaning out an email account, I found this video:
http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=2539741

and it reminded me of your thread. Where art is concerned, I believe music will always be a truer international language.

Although you are right that there are people from all over the world on this forum, we have to remember that if it wasn't in english there would be very few of us Americans here. I have always found it sad that we can't be bothered with foreign languages.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the video.

... and Australians, New Zealanders, South Africans...

...but also Germans, Dutch, Italian, Swedish, Croatian, Indian, Puerto Rican (and many more nationalities).... - and yes, you are right, those do speak English as their second language.

yup, a lot of different people here, i'm from Slovenia!

LaFoto - I think the OP is referring to photography as a 'universal language'.

Yes, I know that he does. I've known that all along. However, if I were to comment on everyone's photos in German, little use it'd have for most. Same applies to our members from India or Saudi Arabia, for example, or Israel, or wherever else people here come from. If it weren't for English being our lingua franca on here, the forum would be a lot less international.

It is cool that we can communicate using english, only because we mostly understand the 'photography world' as a language itself.

Where are the rest of you from?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back