People hurt in Tube 'power surge'

I'm so glad you're okay, Neil. Take care of yourself.

Good to hear your alright Neil, I just found out that my friend who works across the street from one of the explosions was at an eye appointment this morning and so he's alright. He's friggin lucky...

Thanks guys .....

I been trying to sleep on the sofa all evening ... (kids permitting) ...

Although I wasn't in any blast, or have anyone I know hurt, injured, or killed I still feel so very drained. I guess it's because that I know what has happened and I know the places that it all happened so well.

An early night I think if I can sleep.

BE safe everyone.

LaFoto said:
This is too bad!
I want "triggerhappy" to report in.
He works right in the centre near the Houses of Parliament!
Does anyone know him "personally", i.e. better than through this board, and would therefore know if he's ok?

Thanks for your thought lafoto! I had a pretty scary day as we were expecting another attack very near where I work. The walls of my building are pretty thick so I'm sure we would have been ok, but it was scary waiting.

We've been told not to go in tomorrow.

I really hope everyone else is ok. Even though a lot of people are dead, I can't help thinking that this could have been so much worse. That has to be a testament to our superb emergency services.

My thoughts go out to everyone else involved

Glad to see you guys are ok. :thumbup:

I'm shocked by the death toll to. Bombs on trains and buses? It should be more really. Glad it's not.

But then, they don't really aim to kill. They only care about scaring people (yup, I know that does involve people dieing). Don't think it's really worked to be honest. People will be on edge for a short time. But things will soon go back to normal.

I first heard about this on the radio yesterday in a taxicab. I read more about it in the local newspaper this morning, and now that I'm in an internet café again I've been reading up on nytimes.com and bbc.com. One of the local Spanish newspapers has the headline "11-M, 7-J", connecting yesterday's attack and the March 11th attacks in Madrid last year. I think this attack is especially barbaric considering that they did it during the G-8 summit, as well as right after the celebration for the 2012 olympics. At least the summit is being held in scotland, so the Prime Minister wasn't too far away from London. Anyway, everyone be safe, and don't let the terrorists win.

Hey all.

Had yesterday off but I am back to the grindstone on Monday as per usual.

I tried nearly all day Friday to avoid watching TV as much as possible. But I felt drawn to it like many people.

Hope everyone and thier loved ones are ok.

May the souls of the innocents murdered rest in peace.

Hi all,

Not exactly checking in, but the events in London over the last couple of weeks have had a lot to do with my lack of presence here.

A lot of my friends who work in the ambulance service spent a long time working in London on 7/7 and I've spent a lot of time since being a shoulder for many of them to cry on. They saw a lot of horrible things but did so much to help as many as they could. It's days like that that make me proud to work for the service I work for.

Glad to hear everyone from TPF is ok. Let's hope we can get London back on it's feet and fighting fit soon.

Chase said:
Sounds like you are involved with a great bunch of people, I'm just sorry they had to go through it all. You definitely should be proud!

I am extremely proud of them, and I'm proud to have been involved in the rescue efforts that day. Although if I never have to do anything like that again it'll be too soon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back