People in the US are nice

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just came back from a 2 weeks trip over there and I must say I'm very well impresed and thankful. Most people were warm and friendly. I travelled with my 7 month old baby and they were specially nice to him.

It's not the 1st time I go there and it's not that I'm surprised, they've been nice every time... just this time it was even nicer!

That's all I wanted to say... cheers.

Glad to hear it.

Where did you travel, and where are you from?

Oh glad you liked it! I live in a tourist town, population multiplied by 5 in the summer, and I've been told we aren't so friendly. :p

Oh glad you liked it! I live in a tourist town, population multiplied by 5 in the summer, and I've been told we aren't so friendly. :p

Quahog? Where everybody hates New Yorkers?

Any experience I've had with Americans has been nothing but friendly. Granted, I haven't dealt with any American doctors, lawyers, security guards, policemen, ambulance drivers, rednecks, cowboys, hobos, businessmen, stock brokers, garbage men, gangsters, actors, actresses, politicians, soldiers or pilots...but...going by their Canadian counterparts, they'll all say "screw you" with a smile, so it's all good really :thumbup:

That...and I dated an American for a year, so it's kind of hard to *not* like them ;)

I haven't dealt with any American doctors, lawyers, security guards, policemen, ambulance drivers, rednecks, cowboys, hobos, businessmen, stock brokers, garbage men, gangsters, actors, actresses, politicians, soldiers or pilots

I've found most ambulance drivers, hobos, garbage men, soldiers and pilots to be very friendly.

I'm a redneck...I think I'm pretty friendly, don't you?
icon_razz.gif

Yeah, I just saw you were from Houston... too cool. I live in Spring.

I recently took a trip to Chicago where I found the people to be amazingly nice.

I was expecting more of a New York style attitude, but I couldn't have been
farther off. I was very grateful for the warmth and generosity they showed.

you find friendly and also some very unfriendly americans out there, in particular if you are not american yourself. ;)

just my experience :)

People in Philadelphia are the best, so I hear. :p

So here we get a completely unbiased opinion :p

But cannot say anything bad about the Phily-lot myself yet ;)

I was expecting more of a New York style attitude, but I couldn't have been farther off.

People in NY are unfriendly, they are just involved in their own stuff and assume you are too. I thought the same when I first went but after some amazingly friendly street encounters I changed my opinion.

People in NY are unfriendly, they are just involved in their own stuff and assume you are too. I thought the same when I first went but after some amazingly friendly street encounters I changed my opinion.

Just one example of MANY.

You ask the guy behind the counter what the weather is supposed to be like tomorrow as you are
checking into a hotel. The guy looks at you and in his thick New York accent
says, "Whado I look loik...tha friggin weathermein?" That pretty much sums up
each and every experience I have had in New York.

Most reactions

Back