people of dc's folklife festival

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
walked through town a bit yesterday and caught a few people at the folklife festival currently running:

indian

26747990-L.jpg

this guy is also an indian but a bit of a renegade. was funny as hell...you could tell his humor and funny antics irritated the other indians. heck of totem pole artist though.

26747995-L.jpg

dancers from koret (not sure of the spelling) entertaining. they would gather up the audiance to have them join in at times:

26747999-L.jpg

this guy was using his turban as part of the dance

26748005-L.jpg

including the children

26748013-L.jpg

oops

26747997-L.jpg

working hands

26748011-L.jpg

and feet

26748016-L.jpg

these were all slated for trash, but decided to work the grain out...had set iso at 1600 and jpeg quality (argh!!!)...for something else and forgot to reset it. still grainy but not as bad. thanks for looking!

jon mikal...these are just wonderful..why would you chunk them?? they are so cool... i love the first one, he looks classic... great face expression....the children are just adorable....and the feet shot is just so interesting... i love these...thanks jon.

Wow, Jon.. Excellent shots. You really did capture some emotion in these. Well done my friend.!!!!

Jon, i find myself checking this forum daily to see if you posted anything new, and with good reason.
Thanks for these wonderful candids. I loved all of them.

INdeed, jon does have a huge fan base here. AND so very deserving- the guy is an amazing photographer.

Nice work Jon. You always seem to catch your shots at the perfect moment.

Oh, it would have been a shame to toss these! Lots of great moments captured here. Nice work! :)

Very powerful images Jon!!! The emotion is great, conversions are perfect, I love the framings :)

I am so glad you saved these! I love the emotions that you captured here, excellent series, my favorite is the little girl that fell!

Glad you kept them. Nice portraits!!!

I feel these pictures tell the story brilliantly, but some of the comments here prove my very first conclusion of the forum, there seems to be a bit of a cliquey group going on, I noticed it straight away by looking at how many post certain poeple get compared to others, I hope I am wrong in my assumptions. Ernie

erniehatt said:
...there seems to be a bit of a cliquey group going on, I noticed it straight away by looking at how many post certain poeple get compared to others, I hope I am wrong in my assumptions. Ernie

Hello erniehatt. I don't believe there is a clique. I think that people who have been here for a while have become known for their abilities and after a while, people start looking for their photos in particular. I'm ashamed to admit that I am guilty of the same thing. :blushing: There are particular people on the forum that I admire a great deal and always look for their photos first and then I look at other photos. There are a great many photographers on this forum that I feel have exceptional talent and can't help looking at their pics to hopefully learn something.

Of course, JonMikal is one of the many I look at all the time ;) ... of course I could be just biased. I hope this post doesn't stop the thread :confused: ... seems like everytime I post something, the thread stops. :oops:

Most reactions

Back