TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.nathandspringer.com
nyc18.jpg

nyc19.jpg

nyc11.jpg

nyc1.jpg

not sure if that last one really fits but i like it and i was the one to make this post so i can put what i want... what do you guys think?

1.) Wish you hadn't gone b/w on this one. A lot of color there we're missing out on.
2.) I'd probably crop out the guy on the left. He's already half gone anyway. Might as well erase him from memory.

And not include the last one? It's my favorite. I'm a sucker for the solitude shots that are as clean as that shot. It might even do well vertical.

I think that last image of yours is just amazing. Be proud of this one; it is beautiful in the feel of it and the composition. I absolutely adore it.

I also love your third one, but it looks oddly flat. Is the original better, I am assuming?? Scanners can totally muck up a good image. But I'd love to see this one with better contrast. It has a great look.

As far as the other 2....you do traditional handcoloring, don't you? With photo oils? Seems I've read your comments on that for other images. The first image is crying out to be hand colored. A great subject, and you'd do the image proud, I'm sure. :D (Fellow handcoloring enthusiast here.) :wink: Same with the second image, although it's not calling as loudly as the first, and looks pretty good as a B&W.

Nice group of images here!! :thumbsup:

Nice shots! You could shoot forever in NYC. Love the last. If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the walk-thru near Strawberry Fields in Central Park?

Nagala said:
2.) I'd probably crop out the guy on the left. He's already half gone anyway. Might as well erase him from memory.

I have to disagree. If you crop him out, you would lose that nice duplication of the arm gestures. I think that itself really gives a feel for the city life. Also then, in my view, the pic would become too narrow and the other guy would really be pushed to the edge.

I agree, these are really nice shots. Keep up the good work! :)

Personally I find the second shot to be the strongest. I love how the people are being held back by this couples hands. The cars look like a race has just started. The last frame is classic. As I have said; taking street photos is difficult to say the least. If you are interested, take the shooting oodles of film approach. Keep in mind that it doesn't matter what city you are in people are always fascinating.

The last pic, ofcourse stands out!

Did she (#1) say anything when you pointed the camera at her face? :)

I like the first and the last one best. They are all good.

On another note, the last one with the man under the bridge, I was listening to him last week under that same bridge in central park. He was really good at playing whatever instrument he was playing. I'm glad you took that photo. Nice composition in my opinion as well

Nice work!

is that a "she" on the first photo?? really looks like Lenny Kravitz... :afro: :lmao: seriously - amazing photos, and congratulations on using BW!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back