Perception

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow danube i think you need to see the door or something, wow thats quite the harsh reaction to some simple criticism over a not very good shot, on top of that its the side of a van, comon. next we can see inside the van, AGAIN taking away from the image, comon u asked for it than u get all upset seriously.

by the way, dont come into this forum and acting like your cool, its a bad shot, doesnt make me think your a good photographer, and also makes me think your a total jerk.

welcome

Dude, don't get so upset, dude. Dude. You need to see the door. Dude. It's so comon (sp.). Dude...

Grow up, dude.

You critics are sure getting your hairs on end. I suppose it's about time...you can dish it out but can't take it?

Lol what? by the way im 15 and a freshmen in highschool, maybe you need to grow up, and dude is going to be a common word for me seeing as in highschool you dont adress people by they're first names, jerk.

wait i didnt even say dude, your just an idiot

This is actually getting too funny.

If you look at my initial response, I disagreed with the critiques and explained why I thought they were wrong. As expected, the critic wanted a "thank you" and not what he got. So the response from him was a harsher tone (how dare you not thank me for my "help") and I responded in a like tone. Since then, the worms that infest these forums on a regular basis have come out of the woodwork to show me the way. "Don't argue with the critics." You are a jerk if you do, especially if you take their tone along with it...

its one thing to state your point, and be done with it, its another to tell us how we the critics who none of us liked your shot alot, every time someone posted something negative.

peace i guess ur a little worm too for posting here.

Bah! I would have to strongly disagree.

Danube said:
I don't believe you are giving enough credit for my having "perceived" this shot (or as you self-appointed critics often put it, "seen" the shot). Not only would you not have "seen" it, you still don't.

Sounds like a pretty condescending response to me.

It looks to me like you thought you had the innovative shot of the year or something, and you posted it up looking to feed your ego...then got some unexpected feedback to your photo, and you took it pretty harshly.

If you have to explain your photograph's "brilliance" to everyone, then it must not be that brilliant.

Grow up man. Seems like you can't handle a critique of your work unless it's praise.

Lol what? by the way im 15 and a freshmen in highschool, maybe you need to grow up, and dude is going to be a common word for me seeing as in highschool you dont adress people by they're first names, jerk.

Seems I nailed it.

Also, adress (sp.)

Sounds like a pretty condescending response to me.

It looks to me like you thought you had the innovative shot of the year or something, and you posted it up looking to feed your ego...then got some unexpected feedback to your photo, and you took it pretty harshly.

If you have to explain your photograph's "brilliance" to everyone, then it must not be that brilliant.

Grow up man. Seems like you can't handle a critique of your work unless it's praise.

You are so perceptive. I'm shivering in my boots.

I'm not too fond of this image or your attitude, being a little more humble would do you some good I think.

I'll talk about the image, because that's what we're all here for, if you read the subtitle of this forum it says: "A gallery for sharing photos and getting feedback, including general critique.". Here's mine, I think that the sign is a plus and maybe a tighter crop around it would suite it better? The gas cap and silver line are distracting to my eye, the tilted horizon is also a tad odd as well.

There, you don't have to fix it . But get off you're freakin' high horse and acknowledge that people are just trying to help you improve!

"A thanks for your input I'll keep it in mind, but I think I really like it the way it is." would sufficed :(.

I'm not too fond of this image or your attitude, being a little more humble would do you some good I think.

I'll talk about the image, because that's what we're all here for, if you read the subtitle of this forum it says: "A gallery for sharing photos and getting feedback, including general critique.". Here's mine, I think that the sign is a plus and maybe a tighter crop around it would suite it better? The gas cap and silver line are distracting to my eye, the tilted horizon is also a tad odd as well.

There, you don't have to fix it . But get off you're freakin' high horse and acknowledge that people are just trying to help you improve!

"A thanks for your input I'll keep it in mind, but I think I really like it the way it is." would sufficed :(.

Thanks for your input but I think you are wrong.

Ooops, I phrased it impolitely?

Actually I can't find fault with your input but that wouldn't be in the spirit of this post. Other than your insistence that I become humble. Hah!!

Well, this discourse has suddenly gotten somewhat boring (now THAT is condescension) and I'll check back every now and then to see what you children have come up with (more condescension...) and maybe we will continue. But rest assured that I will post another innovative shot of the year (as the worm described it) and we'll see where that one will lead us.

"No focal point...main subject"
"...keep working on it"
"side of a car...hmmm"

Bah! I would have to strongly disagree. This is a conceptual image. After the brain has balanced to the fact of what is being viewed, then that "perception" is rewarded with the recognizance of the "Perception" sign. So, conceived in that fashion, the image stands on its own. The image may only be a parlour trick and definitely not an award winner but a strong subject within the reflection would take away from the intent of the image rather than add to it. I don't believe you are giving enough credit for my having "perceived" this shot (or as you self-appointed critics often put it, "seen" the shot). Not only would you not have "seen" it, you still don't.

I agree with you, i do similar things with water reflections and tree shadows, there might not be a obvious focal, but focal points aren't in every great shot. I try to show things from rare or unnoticed perspectives, and i can really appreciate a shot like this. What makes this one good for me is the light shade of broad light blue letters towards the top of the pic, adds something you have to really study to comprehend in the picture. Good job.

Danube im going to do you a favour and lock this thread. You are welcome to pm me if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back