Perched Hummingbird

Marc Kurth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This little guy was really friendly, so I grabbed my camera for a quick grab shot while he posed. I wish the background was less busy, but sometimes you take what you can get.......

6069web.jpg

wow wow WOW! The opportunity to have one of these birds both perch, and pose, for you is very rare. Great capture! Love how you can see the iridescent feathers, and that it's looking at you.

^^ what Anty said!
in flight shots of these birds are (reletivly speaking) far more common than ones of them landed! And even at 300mm to get the details in that shot you must have been able/allowed to get really close to him!
great work!

Besides with the colourful bird the background actually works rather well with him - infact if I was to draw on a possible downside to the shot I would say that framing is possibly rather tight!! It looks like this might be a crop of a shot (looking at the background) if it is a bit more frame on the left and upper areas could work well for the shot - if not then you have certainly done well getting this close to the bird!

^^ what Anty said!
if I was to draw on a possible downside to the shot I would say that framing is possibly rather tight!! It looks like this might be a crop of a shot (looking at the background) if it is a bit more frame on the left and upper areas could work well for the shot - if not then you have certainly done well getting this close to the bird!

Good input, it is a crop and I went way too far. I appreciate it.

Marc

Most reactions

New Topics

Back