Performance Shot

JoeW

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last weekend, I shot two groups...Andrew Acosta's New Old Time Band and then the Stewart Sisters. Edits are just about done and I'm ready to send off DVDs to both groups. But here's one of AA that I particularly liked that I'm interested in C&C on.

Attachments

• GS-AA-6.jpg
    GS-AA-6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
Its a nice detail shot, I would put this next to a photo of him in focus singing, nicely done.

The lighting and subject are fine, but the compostion seems to be lacking a bit. Right now to me this is simply a picture of a microphone. Not much more. My eye is attracted immediately and difinitively to the grill on the mic and isn't really allowed to go anywhere else in the pictue. How DARE that guy with the funny looking hat photobomb your picture of a microphone...

If this was composed differently so that my eyes could travel to other parts of the picture it could complete a story or mood... to give you an idea of what I'm thinking take two pieces of paper... after clicking on the attached photo to view the full size image cover 20% of the left side of the pic and 20% of the bottom. That gets the microphone "out of the way" just enough to really open this image up to tell more of a "story" in my eyes, and still allows the mic to be your subject, or at least allows the focus to shift to the situation rather than just the grill of the mic.

Just a thought.

Most reactions

Back