The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was culling pictures and came across this one.
Our hotel was in this 'alley'.
Addresses in Thailand are given as, for example, 'Ratchadamnoen Avenue, Soi 24' which means 'Ratchadamnoen Avenue, Alley 24'.
There are sub-sois or even smaller streets.

Many of the smaller sois, particularly those not right in the main part of teh city have no street lighting and are thus quite dark. That doesn't mean they aren't devoid of smaller hotels, restaurants or other places of enjoyment.

This is the soi that my hotel was on in Bangkok; we stayed close to the airport because we had an early flight out and they furnished transport to/from.

I managed the exposure so the lcd screen looked as light, or dark, as the street.

upload_2016-11-5_16-59-22.png

Exposure pumped up and it looked pretty normal. The biggest danger was to turn one's ankle on an unseen pothole or to be faced with a couple of aggressive soi dogs. (I try to pick up a stick or random rebar when walking alone in the dark.)
I skipped the massage parlor and went for some food.

upload_2016-11-5_17-1-23.png

I actually prefer the darker one -- it's got a greater sense of mystery! Maybe just lighten the mid-tones a little bit instead of overall?

Also, there seem to be horizontal noise bands in both -- is that in the photo or is it just my monitor?

Alexis, sorry not to be more clear, these aren't meant to be seen as pictures but merely as snaps for remembrance.

I like the smaller signs on the pole.

I have a coworker that does some geographic work with an NGO. They were in one of the African cities, helping them come up with a system for addressing; unnamed roads and inconsistent addresses, if addressed at all.

Wondering, what were you trying to remember?

Why not cull this snap? You were trying to cull after all.If its just a remembrance of a car on a dark street.... why post on a photo forum it if its not even a photo? I mean, what is the shock value here, I believe Im missing the point.

Pretty sure theres much more interesting subjects for off topic chat in Bangkok.

Dont mean to stir the proverbial pot but maybe I do.

All countries are less developed. :)
All snaps are made to recall the moment aren't they? Otherwise you could paint a fictitious place instead.

And woke up in a smaller darker alley across town with no kidney. lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back