Perhaps the dumbest question ever asked about photography

Oh, OK. You just bought a bookbinding kit to build yourself a nice moleskine style notebook. It contains:

Some sheets of paper
Endpapers
Pre made headbands
A crash
Book cloth
A leather cover
Linen thread
Beeswax
PVA glue

Quick, what do you need?

Did you answer:

Needle
Bone folder
Awl

?

If not, you are, of course, a dumbshit.

Oh, OK. You just bought a bookbinding kit to build yourself a nice moleskine style notebook. It contains:

Some sheets of paper
Endpapers
Pre made headbands
A crash
Book cloth
A leather cover
Linen thread
Beeswax
PVA glue

Quick, what do you need?

Did you answer:

Needle
Bone folder
Awl

?

Apples and oranges.

Anyways I just bought this new motorcycle. Do I need to put gas in it to make it go?

This type of person is the same ones that call tech support about thier tech not working only to find out that it isn't plugged in.
then what are the batteries for?

Some sheets of paper
Endpapers
Pre made headbands
A crash
Book cloth
A leather cover
Linen thread
Beeswax
PVA glue

Quick, what do you need?

Did you answer:

Needle
Bone folder
Awl

?

Apples and oranges.

Anyways I just bought this new motorcycle. Do I need to put gas in it to make it go?
is it standard internal combustion, hybrid, electric or a alternative fuel like lpg diesel or a setup for used cooking oil?

It is not apples and oranges. You're just wrong.

This type of person is the same ones that call tech support about thier tech not working only to find out that it isn't plugged in.
then what are the batteries for?

Some sheets of paper
Endpapers
Pre made headbands
A crash
Book cloth
A leather cover
Linen thread
Beeswax
PVA glue

Quick, what do you need?

Did you answer:

Needle
Bone folder
Awl

?

Apples and oranges.

is it standard internal combustion, hybrid, electric or a alternative fuel like lpg diesel or a setup for used cooking oil?

ok first I get what you are driving at and I still maintain that you don't have to be a nerd to know that lenses need to be on the camera to make it work.

Secondly, you can tell they are intact a moron or a troll because rather than google the answer they join a forum, which is online, just to ask their question that could have been answered a dozen times over if they had just googled it. Case in point, I had never seen a hybrid motorcycle. But rather than finding a motorcycle forum, joining it, and asking about it I instead googled it and learned everything I needed to know.

I will concede. Maybe if you had been raised by wolves and had never seen or heard of a camera before then it would be an acceptable question.

Wait. What? Did someone change their position on the internet?

IS IT THE END IF THE WORLD?! ARE WE GOING TO DIE?!! 111!!

If four horseman show up at my front door it's totally your fault, runnah.

Who buys a $2000 camera without when they don't know anything about it?

Well I bought a £400 camera and didn't know anything about it (yes I used auto mode AND scene modes).

It's actually not a dim question; many many people are used to phones, tablets, point and shoots, bridge cameras. All those cameras use a built in lens and have adaptors sold to do more than the stock lens can do. So its no surprise that a question they have is can a DSLR do the same - a stock lens and then adaptors onto it kind of thing.

I mean sure its the kind of question most ask the sales rep- but in this day and age of the internet where we might not step into a shop we have to ask those questions - in public ;)

Yeah, but it's a bit difficult to buy a new, modern DSLR for less than $500-800 (400-700 Euro) in the first place, while this camera is in the upper echelon of more expensive and complex models.

Even if he got a lens for it, I imagine he would probably fiddle with it a bit, realize it's too complicated, then return it for something cheaper and simpler. That might not happen, but I've seen it often enough with people who try to go from 0-100 too quickly to believe that he's probably setting himself up for lots of anxiety. This is, of course, assuming that he's not just going to shoot in Auto. There is a great chance that he will be full Auto most of the time anyways.

So meh, he can do what he wants. I still think such an incredibly basic question is silly to ask on a forum, when he could have just as easily typed a truncated version into Google. He probably would have gotten better and quicker results. lol

7 "Whoever corrects a mocker invites insult; whoever rebukes a wicked man incurs abuse. 8 Do not rebuke a mocker or he will hate you; rebuke a wise man and he will love you. 9 Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still; teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning.

proverbs 9

inviting the insult was worth it. Aye, and perhaps we would all be better to follow wisdom not voice mockery ,and keep our steps in humility rather than pride in self.

The dumbest question I've ever heard about photography is, "I really like my camera, but it only takes horizontal pictures. Is it worth buying one that can take vertical pictures as well?"

The dumbest question I've ever heard about photography is, "I really like my camera, but it only takes horizontal pictures. Is it worth buying one that can take vertical pictures as well?"
okay, that was funny i don't care who you are.

okay, that was funny i don't care who you are.

Funny or not, it HAS been asked.

Technically you can light paint on a film camera in B mode without lenses... Or even a DLSR...So the answer is Yes! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back