Perseid Meteor Shower

sarallyn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone having any luck? I'll be going back out in a couple of hours, but no luck catching any so far. I've seen quite a few, though.
I have to stick to 30s exposures, otherwise I'm sure I would have gotten something so far.

:(

4884341834_530ccbb0ee_z.jpg

tonite around 11 is supost to be the best time for it , they where saying 1 ever half a sec

Can't do bulb if I have nothing to hold down the shutter for an extended period of time...

tonite around 11 is supost to be the best time for it , they where saying 1 ever half a sec

Expecting showers over here... bleh

So, is it tonight or was it last night?

I've never tried to shoot the Perseid, but I've seen so many times. The shooting stars are so fleeting. I'm a newbie here, but is it possible that with a 30, the shooting stars are actually disappearing, through their movement?

Can't do bulb if I have nothing to hold down the shutter for an extended period of time...

I don't think it's like old school bulb. I haven't tried it yet check the manual, but I remember reading on this site on someones post you click to open the shutter then click to close.

I don't think it's like old school bulb. I haven't tried it yet check the manual, but I remember reading on this site on someones post you click to open the shutter then click to close.
That's only with a wireless remote.

Without a remote, you have to hold it down.

Wired remotes have a slide lock to hold it down.

overcast. eh

just tell people it's a meteor with turrets or something.

ahahaha

I've never tried to shoot the Perseid, but I've seen so many times. The shooting stars are so fleeting. I'm a newbie here, but is it possible that with a 30, the shooting stars are actually disappearing, through their movement?

unless it's very small it should be able to show up

That's only with a wireless remote.

Without a remote, you have to hold it down.

Wired remotes have a slide lock to hold it down.

right, right. then you unfortunately get camera shake.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back