Personal Camera

Panasonic DMC-FX35

Has the equivalent of a 25mm lens (35mm format).
10 MPixels
I miss my FX35 with it's wide angle lens and ability to adjust to most any shooting situation. My sister is enjoying it now. She especially likes to hold it out while her friends are around her to get group shots. :lol: I bought a SONY DSC-W150 to "replace" it, but it doesn't come close - not as wide and not as good in low light. I then got a Panasonic FX55 which comes close and feels sturdier, but the Intelligent Auto mode is not as intelligent on it. It still has most of the settings I liked from the FX35 like max ISO and minimum shutter speed (in normal auto mode), and the 28mm lens is wide enough for most of what I shoot. :thumbup:

I always have my Samsung NV11 along "just in case". I love that camera as long as there is lots of light, and it has a super nice 2.8 lens that captures sharp images (although sadly the lens sticks out like a huge wart). The menu-less interface is just plane fun to use, once you "get it", and mpeg4 video quality is nice, as is the audio quality- especially the low frequencies. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROkqR2QQcLE"]Here's a youtube of my Suzuki shot with my NV11.[/ame]

I'm going skiing, and I can't carry my D90 into the mountains. I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 (28-280mm) that I hope's gonna get the job done. Still can't figure out how to use that 9-point AF :lol:

I'm going skiing, and I can't carry my D90 into the mountains. I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 (28-280mm) that I hope's gonna get the job done. Still can't figure out how to use that 9-point AF :lol:

Off-topic, but how's the D90? Seems like an awesome camera.

We just got the new Olympus Stylus 10.1 MP since my husband's truck was broken into and his previous model was stolen. I will almost always take my D300, but if I just don't feel like lugging it around at a party or something, I will survive with the P&S.

The thing that kills me is that he just went and bought it without talking to me about any other brand. Uh HELLO! I do know SOMETHING about cameras! LOL Anyway, it does seem to be a pretty cool little camera and has a lot of manual settings.

It's funny, cause now I actually know what all those settings are, so I flipped it off of auto and changed the ISO and flash settings to how I wanted and VOILA! good (for a P&S) picture!

</hijack>

Off-topic, but how's the D90? Seems like an awesome camera.
I've got one and it's very good.

I dunno- Some kind of little silver camera my wife shoves at me once every few months if she wants to be in the photo.

go figure the chances..... I have the exact same little silver one as well....

im usually wearing my backpack with my gear in it...if i know that i dont need a flash or extra lens, ill toss my d40 with 18-55 in those little zoom cases

517D12SE43L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

My D700 is my personal camera. I just keep a Nikon E8800 point and shoot as my main camera. :lol:

Depends. Like a golfer with a club for every lie, I've ended up with a camera for every mood. Yes, that's right -- mood. Mindset plays a big role in picture-making for me.

If I'm in a 'serious, formal landscape' mood, out comes the medium format film or hi pix count digital camera.

'Street' photography? Schlepping an old Russkie Zorki or Kiev adds a sense of kinship with the great Leica/Contax toters of the '30's. ['Course, my skill level isn't the same, but that's OK.]

You get the idea, right?

I carry my point and shoot in my girlfriend&#8217;s purse when we are out. If I think a photographic opportunity will arise then I will carry my pro body with a 24-70 2.8.

Most reactions

Back