Personal Camera

Depends which is loaded with film. Lately it's my Yashica Electro. If it's loaded and I need something smaller, my Canonet. I don't really mind carrying around a bigger SLR. They do have straps.. although, i'd take off the big grip on my d200 if I decided to bring that.

The other night I stuck a ST-E2 (ir flash remote for Canon) on my G7, and was using a hand held flash. That was pretty cool, except it's hard for me to hold the G7 one handed. A DSLR would be easier.

5yr old Olympus C-740. Still works and my wife knows how to use it.

I use my N80 and have my 24-120 VR as my point and shoot when I don't care about image quality and/or don't want to fuss with making the picture "perfect".

With film, once you press the shutter, you're done, thats it, it's set in stone.

Olympus Stylus Epic or Ricoh 500 range finder or an Olympus Pen EE. Will be getting a Kodak Retina later this week so that will no doubt be roped into "carry around" duty.

Canon SD1000 this little thing has never let me down .....

With or without camera, I am always wearing a shoulder bag (canvas non-camera-bag-looking). I just find it so convenient to carry personal items which now includes a netbook used to remote into work on short notice. My G5 was my carry around camera but over the past year, my Epson R-D1 has replaced it. I'm looking to get something even smaller...

when i don't want to carry the slr (altho i usually do), i've got a canon G9. i love that thing to death, amazing what i've gotten it to do in situations where i should have had my slr. it's my reliable backup camera. for everything else, i use my d80 with the 35 f2 (i'm a few months away from getting the 16-85), or my old manual pentax, which i also love.

Rollei 35s because nothing else can beat this precision tool with a full frame sensor. The most reliable camera I've ever had.

Nikon fe with 50mm f1.4, is the camera I take with me if I don't want to lug around a bigger digital slr, or medium format camera --I also keep a yashica 35mm rangefinder in my glovebox of my car just in case.

Kodak Z712 IS in the car.

For vacation stuff, I carry a small bag with a D40, 18-55VR and a 55-200VR.

Most reactions

Back