Personal Favorite Photos

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok folks, I looked and didn't see a theme like this, so maybe it's not a repost.

Post up your single favorite photo that you've taken. It doesn't nessicarily have to be your most technically sound, or most creative, just your favorite. Please share a short caption as to why it's your favorite as well. Reposting pics you've posted other places on the forum is absolutely ok.

I'll start. I keep a 4x6 of this in my organizer. Right now at school I am in a pathology class where we learn about everything that can go wrong with the human body. Also, since I hope to specialize in pediatric chiropractic care, my gross anatomy cadaver is an 8 yr old girl. It's been hitting a little too close to home lately, and this photo has recentered me time and time again.

CKAdjusted.jpg

This photo is my personal fave because it brings me back to summers spent at Priest Lake in Idaho with friends. We just sat around and had lazy days to play cards and See-do.

DSCF0015.jpg

At the moment :) this is my favourite for the simple reason it marks (for me) a milestone in my ability to plan, compose and execute a photo to a standard that requires no post capture proccessing. the only change made to the picture is the resize needed to fit it on the web-page
ABC013.jpg

This is my personal favorite because its my first night shot I ever took. I thought it came out reasonably well and I havent done much good night work since this.

alley2_filteredd.jpg

This is my personal favorite shot. This inside an art installation called "The Light Inside" by James Turrell at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. I came around the corner and there was no one on the walkway except the security guard. Since he was facing away from me, his body posture was in a relaxed position. This is one of the best pictures I have ever taken and it was just pure luck. Sigh.... now I need to work on the skill photos! :D

11982323-M.jpg

Sydney_Lightning.jpg

This is my favorite. It's not really indicitive of my current skill levels, but this was my first ever published picture. I was shooting on film, and after taking this shot I just *knew* i had got it. So i called the Daily Telegraph ( major Sydney paper ) and asked them if they would be interested, and they said yes.
So at 11pm on a tuesday night, I drove to their offices, they took me up to the Photography dept... and processed my film, and decided on this shot. I got paid $200 AUD.
Photo Published : March 2003. Page 8.
And that's when I knew that if I wanted to, I could actually do this for a living.

Thank you, Mountainlander - although it wasn't good refelexes, but long exposure. Just happened to be on top of the hill during the good part of the storm. ( Of course it was also raining, so the umbrella was over the camera - I got drenched..) But the recognition was worth it.

Favourite at the mo, but Ill have another favourite next week.
perth beach sunset.
P1010142.jpg

Let's try this for fun...

Everyone post their absolute favorite image from their collection. One image per person, no restrictions on type of image. Everyone has one week and maybe we'll vote for the favorite or something.

Why? I dunno. I'm bored and I felt like seeing some wicked cool images.

Do it! DOOOOOO IT!!!! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back