perspective...

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
this shot was taken inside the Cape Blanco lighthouse on the Oregon Coast - Summer 2014 with a Nikon d300s camera and Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 zoom...... thoughts ?
14530714770_294f79a141_k.jpg

I think awesome! I would throw a black and white in too. Brick would look great in BW

agree, great photo, B&W would be interesting

why not BW?

not sure on the bw. Finding the color pretty likable.

Black and white tends to highlight shapes and patterns, so I can see how this one might work even better in monochrome. I like the perspective of this, but who knows - maybe the colors are distracting attention from some of the more interesting details. I'd at least try a conversion to see which one works better.

Black and white tends to highlight shapes and patterns, so I can see how this one might work even better in monochrome. I like the perspective of this, but who knows - maybe the colors are distracting attention from some of the more interesting details. I'd at least try a conversion to see which one works better.
we all know this. Pretty sure he does too since he has been shooting for like forty years i gather. But must we convert everything to bw to make it a "artistic" photo? Can we not have actual red brick for a change or does every piece of brick and every set of steps have to go to bw? you think the conduit should be cloned out too? How about chopping off the top since that transition from green to white in the stair case may not look as good in bw. so we can just keep the bottom half of the frame, get rid of those distracting power lines, and go high contrast bw. What filter would you suggest? Sounds about the norm... Or, he could just leave it alone as the color help with the transition of a possibly more convoluted frame in bw. Not to mention he probably saw it in color. Or is it just not artistic enough, we need it in bw. :biglaugh:

we all know this. Pretty sure he does too since he has been shooting for like forty years i gather. But must we convert everything to bw to make it a "artistic" photo? ...blah blah blah...Or is it just not artistic enough, we need it in bw. :biglaugh:

I've already answered that. If you want to HIGHLIGHT the shapes and patterns, then black and white would be better to accomplish that goal. And this picture doesn't rely on colors - they are ancillary. There are, however, a lot of shapes and patterns. And hey, black and white might bring those elements out a little bit better and make this more visually interesting than it is in color.

we all know this. Pretty sure he does too since he has been shooting for like forty years i gather. But must we convert everything to bw to make it a "artistic" photo? ...blah blah blah...Or is it just not artistic enough, we need it in bw. :biglaugh:

I've already answered that. If you want to HIGHLIGHT the shapes and patterns, then black and white would be better to accomplish that goal. And this picture doesn't rely on colors - they are ancillary. There are, however, a lot of shapes and patterns. And hey, black and white might bring those elements out a little bit better and make this more visually interesting than it is in color.
so you are saying his photo isn't good enough or interesting enough in color?

I bet it would look good in B&W ... I have never had the interest or desire (never say never) to convert color digital to monochrome.... I guess I am old fashioned... I shoot B&W on film... I shoot color digital... and sometimes on film... and usually I look (or at least feel) like an idiot dragging around a DSLR/MedFormatFilm/Film SLR/ Film rangefinder.... at my age moving between all the mediums at the same place can be quite daunting !! I have an open mind so most thoughts or ideas beyond "your pictures suck" are welcome :1247:

very simple edit with zero attention to fine tuning.. but I suppose it gives us an idea of what it would look like in B&W ?
FullSizeRender 3.jpg

well, it brought out the lights and darks and lines/shapes as it usually does. But now it looks like every other circular staircase bw photo. Don't mind me, i'm in a mood. I might have been excited to see one of these NOT in bw for a change.

Honestly I thought the photos I took of the huge Fresnel lens up top were more interesting.. lol.. but probably not as interesting from an artistic point of view...

so you are saying his photo isn't good enough or interesting enough in color?

No, I didn't.

Reading comprehension is a hell of a thing.

Most reactions

Back