peru and bolivia photos

pico11653

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
just a couple of the pictures i nabbed while travelling for 2 months in south peru and bolivia this year. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Scan1101.jpg

All the photo's are quite interesting and have many great qualities. The photos with people seem to be missing some humanity. In other words they need more emotion or feeling. I didn't get much more feeling from them than a building. But they are very well done. Taking pictures of people can be very difficult and I am always looking for some story to be told.

Now the picture of the water and trusses really grabbed my attention.
The reflection of the clouds and mountains in the water are great and the photo is nicely composed. The trusses in the foreground are what really set that picture off. Great eye! :!: :!:

thank you a lot for the input. I am seeing my pictures get better with every trip i go on. I learn a lot just looking at everything once i am back home and can just look and see what i liked/didn't like. I am looking at taking travel photography as a career path. But as I am only 20 I have a lot to learn.

here is another verticle shot of the water that i took that wasn't as appealing to me.

titikaka2.jpg

I would agree with you, second verticle water shot is not nearly as appealing as the first. In this second shot the color balance is good, however the extra sky takes away from the image. I also find the building on the right edge to be very distracting.

I forgot to mention earlier that of your people shots, the children in the stadium appeal to me the most. I can get a feeling of place and some emotion from the two children. To me it is still missing something, then again perhaps I am looking for too much.

I think you made a hit with the lady in the first pic, she likes you!
The second shot is just plain terrific.
The third captures the kids well and the fourth I like but I don't know why.
I always like the clarity and definition in your work.

For those interested, I am using the Canon 1v body and had the 28-135 IS and 16-35 2.8L on this trip. I also use Fuji slide film. I think I like velvia better. it seems to come out clearer with a better grain......

here is a shot with provia....the others were velvia...ohh it is the old provia and velvia...haven't tried the newer stuff yet.

scan161.jpg

not exactly the best shot to compare...but just something i have been noticing between the two films.......might be personal preference.

This last shot has some excellent clarity and definition. I also really like the color definition in the picture.

Post some more...

here is another photo at of the same building as the water photo. just the other side. Also on the floating Uros islands on Lake titikaka.

titikid.jpg

pretty amazing quality coming from a $50 slide/negative scanner.

if anyone needs something just to get stuff on the computer without worrying needing perfect scans should look in to the hp photosmart s20. will go up to 2400 dpi

Most reactions

New Topics

Back