Pet Peaves

oh...and the annoying click that gum makes when some people chew it.
This lady at my wife's office does that every day all day. My wife sits in the office right next to hers and she finally had enough. She kindly asked her to abrogate the behavior a couple weeks back and she got all butt sore. It stopped for a day but she still does it along with giving my wife the silent treatement :roll:

Maybe she didn't know what abrogate meant?

Just tell her to "shut the **** up yo woman ***** yo!" Then wrap up her chewing gum packet in gladwrap with really really hot chilli. Leave it to settle for a few days/weeks/months depending on how evil you're feeling - then offer it as a peace offering. Hehehe.

Annoying thing of the day: My puppy, Sooty. Man what do they put in puppies that makes them never ending energy bundles! I finally busted the squeaky thing in his toy but he is such a burrower. So he has to burrow into the crook of my arm, leg, ear and other not so appropriate places. Sick puppy. But he's so cuuuute. But it's hard to type with a puppy climbing all over the keyboard.

I'm pretty sure 90% of the people on this board wouldn't know what it means... me included.

Anyone want a puppy?

Add to my list people who feel the need to drive along the shoulder in backed up traffic to cut in line. I can't STAND when people do that! Oh yeah, and hyper kids running all over the place in your store and eating at five different tables, making a disaster area of all of them, *takes breath* ALL right before you close up. That definitely bugs me!

Oh yeah.. and I don't really care about spelling... but someone's pet peeve might be how you spelled peeve ;)

terri said:
This whole thread is cracking me up. :thumbup:

I'm with everyone else on the loud/smacking food.... :shudder:

Some of these people stalk me, I'm convinced ! Sometimes I'll be on the phone,at work, to patients makin appointments etc. They talk haltingly,lazily and almost stoned-like and in between the silences I hear them slurping or crunching food.

Patient : " Hi .... yes *slurp* ....um *slurp*.....

I'd like to make an appointment...*crunch,crunch*" ( sometimes takes a decoder to work out what they're saying through the food. I find that peanut butter sandwhiches make the person the most indecipherable).

Me,thinking : " A suggestion...How about you finish feeding your face, and takin your time talkin because of it, and get back to me when you're done. I'd really love to start dancing to your lovely mastication right now but I'm afraid the co-workers wouldnt understand the beauty of it all ..."

Its the equivelent of talking to someone , in person, with a mass of food in your gob. :er:

o i think i forgot a few

i agree with LittleMan about the teenagers/kids bossing their parents around

when my brother takes things from my room without asking or even telling me, so when i need what he's taken i find that its missing and he's not home to tell me where it is...also, the things that he takes from me make it even worse because he already has one of his own (he took my 1gig card, he has a 512...he took my laptop, yet he has one of his own...and he used to drive my car around all the time, yet he had one too and it happened to be the same car!!!) :grumpy:

and i guess today i will be coming home from work pissed off because of the rain...i will have to stand outside in the rain and listen to people come to the park (amusement park) and complain that they want free tickets because its raining even though the park is open and we dont give free tickets...the pet peeve part is that the people complain and yell at me for free tickets yet when they bought their damned tickets it was pouring out...so they knew that it would be raining and just want free tickets :grumpy: :er: :thumbdown:

voodoocat said:
Oh yeah.. and I don't really care about spelling... but someone's pet peeve might be how you spelled peeve ;)

Yeah, I noticed that right after I posted and couldn't go in and edit it. Misspelling stuff is actually a pet peeve of mine too. I'm soooo embarrassed! :blushing:

JonMikal said:
having a wife that starts these type threads when she could be in the kitchen or ironing!

Um, I just saw this... all I know is, someone will be cooking and cleaning for himself and ironing his own clothes!! :grumpy:

Everyone else, I can relate to most of these pet peeves... I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

Um, I just saw this... all I know is, someone will be cooking and cleaning for himself and ironing his own clothes!! :grumpy:
Want us to hold him down for ya, Linda?
aufsmaul.gif
:lmao:

I just realized another, having lived through it this morning: business people who tell you "Can you fax it right now? I'm waiting!!" and you jump up and hurry, in an attempt to be compliant - and their fax number stays busy for the next half hour..... :x morons!

This may be kind of arbitrary or unusually specific, but one of my big pet peeve's is the misuse of apostrophe's. Especially in sentence's when people are trying to make single nouns into plural's when they actually are making them into posessive's.

For all those who don't know what I mean, then check out this webpage which claims to be from the 'apostrophe protection society.'. And for something slightly more credible-looking, this webpage is from Purdue University's website.

And yes, that first paragraph was an example of poor apostrophe usage. :p

Most reactions

Back