Pet Peeve - Holiday Card Photos with just kids!

I

Iron Flatline

Just to vent a little - though I know a lot of people do this, and will get ticked off at me:

I am EXTREMELY TIRED of getting holiday cards with people's kids on them - but no idea who the parents are. I get a LOT of cards with some children in a pose or picture that is clearly meant to be cute or precocious.

If you're going to insist on JUST putting your kids on the card, but leave yourself out, then PLEASE print the name of the family somwhere on the card. And please print a LAST name, too. I don't know who Tom, Dick, Harry and Jane are.

Better even: comb your hair, tuck in your shirt, and get into the picture as well. You're a family - it's not like you're breeding steers and are showing off a prize heifer.

Ok.... sorry. I'm back to pretending I'm a nice guy now....

Uh oh, I'm guilty :lol: But, in my defense the only people getting cards are people who know my kids, i.e their teachers and close family. My sons are from a previous marriage so the name thing is hard as my husband, daughter and I have one last name and they have another. I would have put a family photo but we are apart for the holidays (have been since May) so that wasn't an option this year.

Don't get me wrong, I actually do both - a shot of the family on the front, and one of just the kids on the back. But I put down full names.

We're members on a couple of pug forums and they do Christmas card exchanges. People are making and sending Christmas cards made up of pictures of their dogs - no people, no children, no happy family, just dogs!

We did too, but only because adding people pics to the below scene would have been just too much.

card800.jpg

PS I'm no photoshop expert, but I can hack and slash my way around something like this pretty half-decently

Well, if ever there was a good excuse not to include yourself, this is it.

Cool card.

Well, speaking of Pugs and Christmas cards with kids...here is one from a shoot I did last week...

CD-Card-02-web.jpg

I think that the mother said she was sending these out with cards...so I assume that their name will be on there...but then again, I don't think they would send them to anyone who wouldn't know them. I certainly wouldn't send photos of my kids...to people who wouldn't know who they are.

Of course, since a steer is a male bovine of the neutered persuasion breeding is rather off the table.

Your point, however, is well taken. As W.C. Fields is rumored to have said, "Anyone that does not like children has never had them Paaaaaaaaaar Boiled!"

Most reactions

Back