Pet Peeves

"Hey, there's a dog turd of 3 different colors. Take a picture!"
Hmm, I have the yard to clean up now since we've had a nice thaw and the 2 feet of snow is gone. I think I can beat that "3 different colors" with some of the sights I'm seeing out there.

The dog likes to get into the bird's food. There's more than 3 colors in the birdseed and dogs don't digest birdseed, hehe.

I even found a pile of plastic pellets of which could only have come from the little beanbags that are in the kid's stuffed animals. Ironic because I work with plastic pellets at work, but never bring them home in raw resin form. It's usually in expanded foam form when it comes home with me littering my pockets, so it definitely isn't from me.

My pet peeve is everyone taking the "rule of Thirds" so seriously! I cringe every time I read a response to someone's photo and they are told this nice shot, is too centered. Not ALL shots look good following the rule of thirds. Take a look through some photo books, especially by wildlife, and landscape photographers and take notice as to how many of their "Great" shots are not always following the "rule" of thirds. Rules are made to be broken - even in good photography, and I just wish that sometimes people would remember that. Thats my pet peeve.

I totally know what you mean here, it seems that photography doesn't need rules these days. What is the rule of thirds again? :er: :lmao:

My pet peeve would be something to the extent of how people that think just because I have a nice quality camera that it takes WONDERFUL and magnificent photos. But in reality, it's not the camera, but the guy behind it. It's not a major pet peeve, but I haven't really found any other pet peeves in my time; YET.

Maybe my other one is people that are peevey about how people do things (example, how they hold their cameras :greenpbl:) I could care less about how the other person does things, I don't understand how it's a pet peeve - lol. I get peevey when people tend to concentrate on that sort of thing. (Hopefully you all know what I mean about peevey - :lol:)

My pet peeve would be something to the extent of how people that think just because I have a nice quality camera that it takes WONDERFUL and magnificent photos. But in reality, it's not the camera, but the guy behind it. It's not a major pet peeve, but I haven't really found any other pet peeves in my time; YET.

haha I kinda find those kind of people funny. Well I was kinda like that before I got my first DSLR course I actually thought that if I got a "gosu" camera all my pictures taken by it would be totally awesome and flawless :D but after I bought myself a dslr and really started to try to take some serious pictures I discovered it's not true :O I had to choose the right composition, check if the lighting was good enough, which kind of settings I had to use on my camera to achieve the best results etc etc.

Anyway I am not sure if this is a pet peeve or not but I strongly dislike those arrogant people who think they are the best and acting all rude or simply give some crappy and almost offensive comments about those pictures taken by newbies and amateurs I mean if they really are that good why can't they just give those newbies and less skilled photographers some ideas and advice.

Fking idiot kids popping their pocket p-shooter flashes in my periferal vision wile I am trying to bowl.......

I literally took a SLR with flash grip after the third consecutive week of this fully intending to pop them back.

Fking idiot kids popping their pocket p-shooter flashes in my periferal vision wile I am trying to bowl.......

I literally took a SLR with flash grip after the third consecutive week of this fully intending to pop them back.

Go for it. They get really snippy, but if you've got a good strobe set to multi, they won't be able to target you as long as you keep moving between bursts.

Well, I have that one certain peeve that the photos taken by the radar boxes always look ugly (you look ugly!), are a bad quality, come in b&w only, arrive without a frame ... and still cost you way too much!

Selective coloring. I challenge you to find a selective colored picture that looks good.

People who post in the wrong section... for example in a section reserved for "...more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, and other techniques and controls!", people discuss topics not even related to photography... like childish pet peeves. ;)

people i know who look at my flickr and say, "dude your camera takes good pics, how much was it?" sure they're paying me a compliment i guess, but i'm fairly sure that i could have taken all my pictures with a far lesser camera than what i have

people i know who look at my flickr and say, "dude your camera takes good pics, how much was it?" sure they're paying me a compliment i guess, but i'm fairly sure that i could have taken all my pictures with a far lesser camera than what i have

lol I know the feeling, I have that happen on a couple web sites I post my photos on. Some of My Photos - The Evil Empire - Six pages long and I think there is atleast two or three on every page :lmao: it got to the point where I literally said

Battou said:
Thanks for the comments.

However, I've tried hinting at this several times over the course of the thread but it's not sticking. The camera is only a tool, the person behind the camera makes or breaks a photo. The greatest camera in the world will not help a person to take better Photos. Most of the images in this thread have been shot with 35mm film with a few different cameras. Those cameras include Canon EF, Canon AE-1, Pentax H2, and a Minolta XG-1. And all the digital pictures where taken with a crappy Kodak C series Easy Share Point and Shoot.

For those of you who really want to go out and take pictures, Don't fret over getting the best dSLR money can buy....It won't help you. Get what you can afford and take pictures and get practice, if you are serious attend some classes. Experience and knowledge are what makes for good photography, not equipment.
That said.

Some Newones.

[img pulled]

All taken with Vivitar 400mm on Canon EF ASA 800

[img pulled]

[img pulled]

[img pulled]

[img pulled]

[img pulled]

[img pulled]

exactly haha. people at my old school in their photo class always complain that the pictures they have to take for assignments suck cause they have use a rebel xt. sometimes it just makes me want to kick things since it isn't the camera that's the issue;)

People who post in the wrong section... for example in a section reserved for "...more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, and other techniques and controls!", people discuss topics not even related to photography... like childish pet peeves. ;)

Speaking of forum-related pet peeves, how about not using the search feature?

Photography Pet Peeves

The Pet Peeves Thread

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

EDIT:

Oh, just found another one, while reading through one of those I already linked:

Life's Simple Pet Peeves

But, I haven't contributed to one recently so, what the heck?

I am extremely annoyed by the complete and utter disregard for the proper use of the English language that I encounter everyday, not only by my peers, but also by so-called professionals. It's a huge slap in the face to those of us who actually care enough to communicate clearly.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back