Petals

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not too big on flower photos myself, but my wife brought home some nice looking plants the other day, which was followed by a light shower. Thought this made a pretty nice shot.

Thoughts? Comments? Brutal attacks?

WebPetal.jpg

Great capture, Sharpness and everything. Although...I wonder what it looks like in color?

i like the shot a lot! composition, dof, water and b&w all work for me. i have nothing to suggest. well done imo.

Nice!!! I like the fact that you did not decide to include the whole flower. This composition really shows some nice form and texture.

Personaly; I am not to crazy about the water droplets. I never understood how that added to a flowers beauty. I would also like to know why you chose BW.

Thanks for the critique thus far. The choice for b/w over color came from the fact that I never was really happy with the color. The flower is a Gerber Pansy or something like that which is a soft red color, and in color, it came out kind of plastic looking. I like the droplets though, because it adds a little texture to the picture. Anyway, I converted it to B/W and was more pleased with the results.
I didn't include the whole flower just to give it a different appearance than what you would usually see.

I like both equally. The colors are very nice, but the black and white presents a great feel too. The water really adds to this shot, and I love the crop and composition! Very well done! Both shots are excellent!

Nice work - I think B/W was a great choice - and you did a great job on the conversion.

There is quite a stark contrast between the two versions, and I certainly prefer the B&W. It looks almost plastic (in a good way), making for a great and unique conversion. Good Job!

I normally prefer BW, but I like both versions. I bet the color image would sell more. It would be intense to see the color version printed huge.

Oh man Johnboy, don't make me choose. I can't decide which I like better! These are amazing shots either way you go. Keep up the good work, I can't wait for more.

I have to say I really do prefer the colour version. The red is so vivid and just makes the shot so much more richer overall.

Most reactions

Back