Petri 7 S

danalec99

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The rangefinder is on my desk now. It is one of my co-worker's first 35mm. Has anyone heard of this rangefinder? The lens is a 45mm 1.8 Petri Amber C (Made in Japan).

Has anyone heard of it?

Looks pretty nice! Are you gonna have a chance to run some film through it? Or are you just checking it out for your co-worker. Sounds like it has a nice lens on it.... Although I really don't know that much about that lens. See if you can get some film through it and share some photos!

Zach :D

aggiezach said:
Looks pretty nice! Are you gonna have a chance to run some film through it? Or are you just checking it out for your co-worker. Sounds like it has a nice lens on it.... Although I really don't know that much about that lens. See if you can get some film through it and share some photos!

He knows about my interest in photography; which is why he brought the camera (which had not been touched in ages) to show me. I do not mind the dust on the outside, but it is dusty inside the lens, and that is no good news.
But I like the feel of the equipment.

You would probably be able to get it cleaned at a reasonable price! What kind of shape is it in mechanically? It looks like a very nice camera from what I could tell from that article.

Sometimes these old cameras just need a little love. :love: They will reward you with amazing photos. It's also good karma to restore old cameras; go for it!!! :D

terri said:
Sometimes these old cameras just need a little love. :love: They will reward you with amazing photos. It's also good karma to restore old cameras; go for it!!! :D

I hope thats true because I just bought my 3rd old camera in as many weeks on ebay! The lastest one is an Ansco Speedex 4.8 Can't wait to get it in the mail! Yay for old cameras! I think Matt's "little" camera collection has woken up the collector in me!

I would have bought it if there weren't any problems with the focussing, which is slightly off!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back