Pets

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Point-N-Shoot, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Point-N-Shoot

Point-N-Shoot TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The following pics have NOT been post-processed. Feel free to play with them where you see room for improvement. All pics were shot with Canon 20D and 17-85 EF-S in Aperature Priority. #4 was using a Hoya CP filter.

Thanks.

My English Bull...

[​IMG]

In the front yard waiting for the school bus (a daily ritual)...
    [​IMG]

My wife with "her boy" in their usual early morning position...
    [​IMG]

The Cob (male swan) who invaded our pond...
    [​IMG]

This is MY "boy". I know the picture isn't that good...but the look on his face cracks me up. The composition sucks...but this cat will NOT pose for a picture (you can see how happy he is to be having this one taken). The second you point the camera his direction he takes off like he was shot out of a canon (actually, he was shot WITH a Canon). I snuck across the floor to the foot of the bed, popped up and snapped the pic before he bolted. Unfortunately because of my close proximity, the flash bounce makes the picture look harsh and over-exposed....but for some reason I still like it. Perhaps because its one of the ONLY pictures I have of him where he's not sleeping...
    [​IMG]

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I've moved this into the nature forum.

3. hyp0rbyte

hyp0rbyte TPF Noob!

I like these. #1 the most.

IMO, You seem to center your subject too much though... You will find that if you place your subject to the left/right or something, it will be more pleasing to the eye.

4. Tantalus

Tantalus TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Must be one smart dog, waiting for the school bus everyday, what grade is he in? ;)

5. Point-N-Shoot

Point-N-Shoot TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    LOL. Well she (Emma) is home-schooled...but just as smart as those uppity, bus-riding, public school dogs!! My daughters, however, do take the bus...and she greets them upon their arrival home every weekday afternoon.

Perhaps I should edit the original post to include that little tidbit of info...you know, to avoid any further confusion:confused:.

6. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ah, never mind the harshness of the close flash in the last, it is still precious since it was so hard to get ... and the look you were being given in reply is worth all your crawling about the floor to get this picture of "your boy".

I like all of these pics... the one of the swan is beautiful ... you have a pond of your own!? This size!?

Well, when I see the distance from where Emma sits waiting for the school bus to arrive to the street where that school bus actually comes along then I think you have a larger property than we have ;).

7. zombiekilla

zombiekilla TPF Noob!

There so cute!!! I love love love Emma! I have a bulldog as well and her name is Ember! And I have a cat that looks just like the fat one you have, he also hates getting his picture taken, arnt animals wierd like that! When I get the camera out Ember runs right up to me, she loves getting her pic taken and the cat runs, and my black lab chases his tail! lol!