Peyto lake Alberta Canada

jack lumber

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Helloooo,,,newbie posting up a few shots of a recent trip to Jasper park.
IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

Another lake on the icefields parkway.

canon 20d with sigma 10-20

IMG_3148-1.jpg

bighorn sheep

IMG_3151.jpg

Hallo Jack Lumber!
Welcome to ThePhotoForum :D.

That middle photo here, in your second post, is really nice. I like that one a lot.
The sky is a bit blown in the first (overexposed, too bright), but both sky AND its reflection in the water in that middle one (third pic of all to be seen here) is really good.

And the fourth makes me laugh.
How come this animal came up SOOOOO close!?!??! It must have had something to do with food. It must ... else I wouldn't know. Cool.

You have some lovely scenery around you where you are!!!

Welcome to TPF, "Jack". Lovely pictures. My fave is the one in your second post...the mirror reflection of those awesome clouds is breathtaking. And the view from post 1 is stunning. I look forward to seeing more of your pictures.

Heloo Lafoto, a welcome from the mod,,I'm honored!
Yes the mountain tops are a little blown out, but the good thing is I only live 4hrs from there, so I can try again,and again ,,,
The bighorn sheep were quite friendly,they came up to me! I'm sure they have been fed,highly illegal,and personally, I feel it strips them of there dignity.

Greetings and salutations Antarctan from a cold and windy Calgary, I think the mirror reflection has a painted feel.
It is one of the first shots I have taken with the sigma
10-20,so I must solicit your opine as to whether or not I have a sharp copy?

I have to get a wide angle i think... great shot! Perfectly calm water but mirroring a turbulent looking sky.
Closeup of the sheep is cool too, i like how you can see his eye colour so vividly. (funny looking sheep tho, i would have thought it was a goat ;))

Hmmm,,yes I can see the sheep look somewhat like a domestic goat.
However if you do a google image search "mountain goat" you can see there is no similarity.

jack lumber said:
IMG_3072.jpg

Another lake on the icefields parkway.

canon 20d with sigma 10-20

WOW! this one looks exactly like a place from dreams!

It is very real,,its Lac Beauvert at the Jasper park lodge.

About the only time the lake is that still is the crack of dawn,,but worth getting up for:)

wow, welcome to tpf jack. i'm with everyone else on #3... awesome. at first I was thinking it was maybe a tad dark, but I can't decide now, i like it so much. Love the first two as well, can't wait to see more attempts, it's beautiful up there... :thumbup:

I agree with MENTOS 100%

IMG_3035.jpg

JTHphotowow, welcome to tpf jack. i'm with everyone else on #3... awesome. at first I was thinking it was maybe a tad dark, but I can't decide now, i like it so much. Love the first two as well, can't wait to see more attempts, it's beautiful up there... :thumbup:

Different view, but a tad lighter, I was hoping for a radiant sunrise, but this was as good as it got.

Yeh, this one^ is a good shot, but still not as magnificent as the other one you posted(number 3).

Most reactions

Back