Phobias

Calliope

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What are you scared of?

For me, I am EXTREMELY claustrophobic!! I hyperventilate in elevators, closed in bathrooms, etc. I'm terrible! When I go on a cruise, I have to get the rooms with the large windows (not those little portholes) just so I don't feel so closed in. :er:

I am scared of intermediate heights where there is a sense of perspective. I can fly in planes and helicopters fine, but a diving board that's near the ceiling or an escalator in a shopping centre FREAK me big time.

Rob

Don't know that I have any phobias now, but I used to have (and maybe still do slightly) a big fear of strong winds...used to be any sort of storm brewed up, and I freaked out...now I think storms are pretty cool until the wind starts getting really high.

Rob said:
I am scared of intermediate heights where there is a sense of perspective. I can fly in planes and helicopters fine, but a diving board that's near the ceiling or an escalator in a shopping centre FREAK me big time.

Rob

OK that's just weird...

It's not really a phobia, but my most irrational fear is driving on a bridge in a car with power windows. I lose control of the car and go over the bridge and into the water. The water shorts out the electrical system, and I can't unroll the f'ing electric windows.

My sister bought me one of those tools that use have in the car to cut the seatbelt and shatter the windows for my birthday one year--it was the best preseant I've ever gotten!!

calliopallie... i got locked in an elevator here at my hospital monday....

just stopped in the middle of the floors, and woudnt go..... no biggie for me, i sat down and leaned my head back and kinda slept...

when they got me out just about 10 minutes later, the maintaince men said, " i know i know, you want music piped in, right???"

the only thing that scares me, is losing it.... just sometime, flat losing it..
letting go, and losing my emotions....

ok, and snakes... i dream about them under my pillow....with wings flying around my bed with their slithery little tongues out....sssssssss at me....

i hate those evil, fowl infested, nasty creepy suckers... hate snakes...

jocose said:
OK that's just weird...

It's not really a phobia, but my most irrational fear is driving on a bridge in a car with power windows. I lose control of the car and go over the bridge and into the water. The water shorts out the electrical system, and I can't unroll the f'ing electric windows.

My sister bought me one of those tools that use have in the car to cut the seatbelt and shatter the windows for my birthday one year--it was the best preseant I've ever gotten!!

So you won't want me to demonstrate wheel spin at 80mph on the Pont du Normandie when you come over huh?

Rob

First things first ...

SCHWEET AV, MISTRESS! :thumbup:

Now, get out your pen and paper ... and the script pad. I'm a perfect candidate for your continuing ed credits as I'm a garden variety fraydee cat!

Top of my list: heights: If it's more than three steps, there'd better be something for me to hang on to. Raven makes fun of me all the time ... evil girl.

Severe weather: if it even looks like rain, I'm in front of the tv or on the phone to Raven's weatherboy husband ... Tornado warnings freak me out.

The dark: I always have a light on somewhere in the house. I have to see the boogeyman when he's coming to get me.

Bed covers have to be up around my neck and covering half of my ears, otherwise the monsters might get me. This is the really funny part: I only have covers on my neck and ears and feet since I stay so hot ... but my feet can't hang off the side of the bed due to the aforementioned monsters.

When my husband goes out of town, I leave all the lights on in the bedroom and sleep on the couch in the living room so that I can hear the burglers and monsters rattling the door (which I have chairs jammed up under the door knobs to make it harder for them to get in.

Yep ... I'm a freak. :crazy:

Time for my meds, Mistress?!?!

Reactions: Rob
Oh Aprilraven, if I got stuck in an elevator, I would literally DIE!

I take the longer route just to avoid tunnels, I have to use the handicapped bathroom b/c the stalls are bigger, I take stairs as much as possible to avoid elevators. Well, actually, I'm a little better than I have been with elevators... it's hard to push strollers up stairs so I have had to be on elevators more so I don't "freak" out too bad anymore. I only hyperventilate a little now.

When I die, I'll just have to put in a crypt with windows - no coffin for me (just in case I wake up - cuz then I'll really die! :lol: )

oh and thanks anicole... i was debating on whether or not to keep this avatar or go back to the eye...

Rob said:
So you won't want me to demonstrate wheel spin at 80mph on the Pont du Normandie when you come over huh?

Rob

Not really...it's an IRRATIONAL fear, so it's not like I freeze up or anything...besides, as long as we unroll a window BEFORE be plummet into the icy water, it will be fine!

For some people this one is strange.

Needles

People often think it is the pain thing, but I weld for a living, and if you ever got burnt, you would know that that hurts alot worse then a needle. It is the piercing of the skin for me. I can't have it done, I can't watch it, and quite frankly, it's bugging me just to be thinking about it.

JonMikal said:

Smart man, eh Mistress?!?

Dang, you're the woman to be able to do that! It takes a sharp knife and threats of Lolita to get Jerry scared!

Most reactions

Back