Phobias

I'm afraid of snakes, tho it's a lot better than it was when I was a kid. I'm afraid of losing my keys. If I'm out shopping or something, I will often have to feel in my coat pocket (or shake my purse to make them rattle) to make sure they are still there.

Worms gross me out and give me the willies, but I'm not actually afraid of them, I just don't want them touching me.

Big Mike said:
terri said:
Keep those painted bastards AWAY from me.

That's the funniest thing I have read in a long time....my sides hurt....so good.

Thanks for the laugh...

Well, I'm glad my terror gave you a chuckle, Mike! :p

Graig: where do I go that I need Clown Alerts...? Dude....they're EVERYWHERE!!! Try the MALLS... stores....car wash places.... car dealerships..... good god, I'm breaking out in hives just thinking about how many of those sickos are walking around as we speak. Always gesturing at you, trying to get you follow them, lure you in.....ugh!!!!!!

terri said:
Big Mike said:
terri said:

That's the funniest thing I have read in a long time....my sides hurt....so good.

Thanks for the laugh...

Graig: where do I go that I need Clown Alerts...? Dude....they're EVERYWHERE!!! Try the MALLS... stores....car wash places.... car dealerships..... good god, I'm breaking out in hives just thinking about how many of those sickos are walking around as we speak. Always gesturing at you, trying to get you follow them, lure you in.....ugh!!!!!!

your a Psycho. :crazy:

oriecat said:
I'm afraid of losing my keys. If I'm out shopping or something, I will often have to feel in my coat pocket (or shake my purse to make them rattle) to make sure they are still there.

Me too, except I don't have a purse :D

graigdavis said:
terri said:
Big Mike said:
terri said:

Thanks for the laugh...

your a Psycho. :crazy:

Hey, I'm not the one wearing the floppy shoes and painted smile.... :shock:

Wow..I always thought I didn't have one, but you made me realise I have a fear of walking down a street and getting shot because the bullet missed whoever it was meant for. plus there are some stupid people who will kill random folks :(

Then there's getting attack in general (jumped, raped, hijacked, etc).

That is all i can think of right now.

I'm not afraid of spiders, and snakes AS LONG as theyre not deadly. But a spider who just appears out of no where will make me jump like an unexpected sound.

I fear cars too (I'm turning 22 and I AM JUST learning how to drive). There are a lot of stupid drivers. My gawd, I wanna beat them for it.

graigdavis said:
LilCujo said:
I would have to say hights, but if it looks like fun it wouldnt stop me...bee's and wasps I have a little thing about...something about getting stung just doesnt sound like fun....I have been stung 5 times by bees and at least 3 times by wasps...Im done..

haha, I used to do land scaping. Getting stung multiple times every day was the norm. Some days you step on a nest and walk (run) away with a dozen stings. When your using a weed wacker you cant tell if its a bee sting or a rock got flung at you anyway.

i used to help my grandfather with his beehives (he was a beekeeper, obviously) and got stung a good dozen times everytime i helped him, which was just about every weekend. got so used to it my skin wouldn't even show the mark where the stinger went in.

terri said:
My real, true, #1 psyche-out phobia is....clowns. Keep those painted bastards AWAY from me. Don't tell me they're harmless. Bastards will wait till your back is turned and stick a knife in you, and laugh. I tell you, they WILL!!

My friends have had to do "clown alert" when out with me for years.

That's called Coulrophobia. It reminds me of Jack Handey's "Deep Thoughts"

To me clowns arent funny at all, in fact I think they are kind of scary. I was wondering where this comes from and I think it all goes back to when I was a kid. We went to the circus and one of them killed my Dad.....

steve817 said:
To me clowns arent funny at all, in fact I think they are kind of scary. I was wondering where this comes from and I think it all goes back to when I was a kid. We went to the circus and one of them killed my Dad.....

Best laugh I've had in ages, it really appeals to my sense of the ridiculous!
Thank you!

I'm very uncomfortable around fireworks - in the sky they are fine, but I really hate being near them when the are going off.

oh - and fire.... don't like it much (though I love the fireplace, go figure). It took me years to work the oven by myself - growing up I'd always get my mom take the food in and out. Last time I lit a match, as soon as it ignited I freaked and blew it out as soon as it was lit ....

spiders don't bother me at all - I figure they eat the bugs I don't like - the ones with hundreds of feet - yuk....

My real, true, #1 psyche-out phobia is....clowns. Keep those painted bastards AWAY from me. Don't tell me they're harmless. Bastards will wait till your back is turned and stick a knife in you, and laugh. I tell you, they WILL!!

:lmao: TFF girl ! Clowns ARE freaky..

My main fear is sharks. Always been terrified of them but have always been fine with swimming at the beach when I was growing up ...
But for some reason over the last few years or so .... I'm scared to swim out too far from the shore , I just keep visualizing looking down into the water below me and seeing open jaws coming up to chomp me and make me into a shark snacky lol :shock: But its a fear I TRY not to let get in the way of doin stuff like snorkelling/scuba diving etc .....

P.S BUT I WOULD get into a tank with them , on a supervised shark swim ( like at an aquarium ) or get into a shark cage out in the ocean with VERY experienced and able ppl lol. Coz I wanna face this particlar fear in SOME way and I'm a bit of a masochist and like scaring the shite out of myself sometimes :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back