vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
wip.jpg

Since my camera is in the shop these days, I decided to go back and look at my old photos and see i could do anything with them. I came across this photo of dead bird i took a couple of months. I like the composition but it was shot during the midday sun and there were no clouds in the sky.

I've never really done any composite works before, but I took a skyline from another photo and patched up sky here. Since i was going to convert it to b&w i didn't have to worry about matching the colours here.

In the end I dodged and burned quite bit to get a dramatic as opposed to realistic effect. Just curious to get your comments on this as this quite a new area (compositing) for me.

This photo rocks. How long did it take you to combine the shots? You deffinetly have the eye of a photographer =p. Wanna tell me how to get one? Lol, great shot.

wow. this shot is awesome. its cool how the sun light is leading to the bird but you cant see the sun, which gives it a sort of spooky feel.

Sorry to hear about your camera, but I'm glad that it brought us this photo! I think you've done a great job with the composite and the lighting is dramatic and I think very effective here.

I like what you've done here. Your eye is immediately drawn to the bird and in my case, I became a little bit entranced with it. Took a few seconds to tear my eye away to look at the rest of the scene!

The sky adds some drama to the shot too. Really great work! I'd love to have a go at something similar, but my knowledge of PS is not very good.

I like this - think you've done a fine job since, or at least I couldn't tell it was a composition - then again I'm no expert on detecting such things. I like the gradient on the sand - how it frames the shot - don't know if you did that on post processing or not, but it is an interesting effect - nice work.

wow I thought the sky was original :) great job Von!

looks great to me, Mark. i never would have known if you didn't say that it was a different sky. the dark clouds really add to the mood too. nice! :thumbup:

thanks for your comments all, its good to hear feedback since this is a bit of first for me. :D

wow. this shot is awesome. its cool how the sun light is leading to the bird but you cant see the sun, which gives it a sort of spooky feel.

I like the gradient on the sand - how it frames the shot - don't know if you did that on post processing or not, but it is an interesting effect - nice work.

ta, yes a bit of post processing was involved here I burned the edges and the sky, then dodge the center area leading to the bird.

I don't know when my camera is going to be fixed, the light meter went out. I am going thru serious withdrawal :grumpy:

Most reactions

Back