Photo Back by Popular Demand.

Nice half lotus or perfect posture. . Like the idea a lot. Buy why wouldn't I. Ed

Last edited:
Far out Baby, pass the bong. This really is the dawning of the age of aquarious, man. :cool-98::cool-48::drunk::guitar: Really, that is really well done.

Yay!! I should start petitions everywhere!

@JustJazzie , that's really cool! I can't figure out why you got rid of it in the first place. It's a really cool concept and I think you've executed it really well! I don't know if the pink/blue edge lighting was done in post or in your original lighting set up, but that attention to detail considering the colours of the background is actually excellent and either way, it's very subtly and nicely done.

I won't pretend to know anything about chakras and whatnot, but I totally "get it" from your image. This is nice conceptual work :) xx

I'm no Photoshop expert, but I remember reading that the mask can be "painted" any tone from black to while, with black being 100% opaque and white being 100% clear. Using the gradient tool, it is possible to set up the transition from white to black on the mask, which will then control how much of the associated layer gets displayed. That may be the way to go.

Okay, I tried a radial gradient centered over the star and I brushed it away from the edges completely. Is this more what you were thinking? Im still not sold on it, TBH. Right or wrong, its just not quite what I was going for, really.
16355095906_581e52cf3e_o.jpg

Nice half lotus or perfect posture. . Like the idea a lot. Buy why wouldn't I. Ed
:) Not quite half lotus! I never have been able to do that one comfortably. Practice, practice, practice, right? ;-)

That's cool Jazzie, I like the concept and like the execution too.
Thank you!
Far out Baby, pass the bong. This really is the dawning of the age of aquarious, man. :cool-98::cool-48::drunk::guitar: Really, that is really well done.
Wait a second.....How did you guess my sign? :confused-72:

Yay!! I should start petitions everywhere!

@JustJazzie , that's really cool! I can't figure out why you got rid of it in the first place. It's a really cool concept and I think you've executed it really well! I don't know if the pink/blue edge lighting was done in post or in your original lighting set up, but that attention to detail considering the colours of the background is actually excellent and either way, it's very subtly and nicely done.

I won't pretend to know anything about chakras and whatnot, but I totally "get it" from your image. This is nice conceptual work :) xx

As for why I pulled it, I promise you, its probably the last reason you've considered.

The painting in the reds and blues was all done in post. I dont have any flash gells, so Really the only photography involved was getting the silhouette while carefully balanced on a beam that would be easy to edit out. Anyways, thank you for the kind thoughts!

@JustJazzie ,I see what you did on the last edit there and to me that is something to explore. Maybe just leaving a thin outline of the silhouette and the galaxy showing through the middle. Like you are becoming one. Maybe even add a little bit of a "glow" on the outside of the silhouette.

Jazzie, it's your vision. I'm just enjoying seeing what you're coming up with. However, the last edit is quite transcendental.

@JustJazzie ,I see what you did on the last edit there and to me that is something to explore. Maybe just leaving a thin outline of the silhouette and the galaxy showing through the middle. Like you are becoming one. Maybe even add a little bit of a "glow" on the outside of the silhouette.
Ohh! A glow! I do like that idea. Not sure how to do it I'll have to look.
Jazzie, it's your vision. I'm just enjoying seeing what you're coming up with. However, the last edit is quite transcendental.

Noted guys! I've been staring at this one for a few days, so it's quite possible I've become "attached" to the original. I don't often, ever-actually spend this much time on a photo edit. Maybe after looking at it for a few days, the new one will grow on me. The original title was "One with the Universe" and I do logically understand how the brighter overlay may convey this better. Like I said, originally I wanted it brighter but it just didn't "feel" right. I'll keep working on it and see what happens!

Now that I think about it, a better title (and what I REALLY want to convey) is "In tune with the universe" maybe not that "I am" only that I am attempting to accept and mirror it's energy. After all, no one could actually contain the energy of the universe within.

Does now that, at all change your idea of how the edit should look?

Last edited:
Now that I think about it, a better title (and what I REALLY want to convey) is "In tune with the universe" maybe not that "I am" only that I am attempting to accept and mirror it's energy. After all, not one could actually contain the energy of the universe within.

Dang..
And here I thought you just wanted to show off how awesome your curves are.

Now that I think about it, a better title (and what I REALLY want to convey) is "In tune with the universe" maybe not that "I am" only that I am attempting to accept and mirror it's energy. After all, not one could actually contain the energy of the universe within.

Dang..
And here I thought you just wanted to show off how awesome your curves are.

Oh, if only you knew how funny that really was!

Ohh! A glow! I do like that idea. Not sure how to do it I'll have to look.

Noted guys! I've been staring at this one for a few days, so it's quite possible I've become "attached" to the original. I don't often, ever-actually spend this much time on a photo edit. Maybe after looking at it for a few days, the new one will grow on me. The original title was "One with the Universe" and I do logically understand how the brighter overlay may convey this better. Like I said, originally I wanted it brighter but it just didn't "feel" right. I'll keep working on it and see what happens!

Okay- Lots and lots of extra masking. I was able to get the burst nearly up to 100%, but tone down everything else to the original intensity. Any thoughts on this edit? I think I like it!
16195626189_a2637f1986_o.jpg

Better slap a watermark on that. Otherwise you might find it in a poster shop without getting due credit. I really like it.

Better slap a watermark on that. Otherwise you might find it in a poster shop without getting due credit. I really like it.
are you being serious there? Or just offering a nice compliment? :headscratch:
I thought posting it at low resolution was enough....then again I have seen some terribly questionable photography on greeting cards lately. :giggle:

Honestly,it makes me want to listen to Hendrix' Electric Ladyland.
And I think I will.
Cool shot in my book.

Most reactions

Back