photo backpack

justinspeaks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for a photo backpack to fit a 30d with grip, 15mm fisheye, 17-40, 70-200, 400mm 5.6, 430ex flash, & a few small cleaning things. any one know of any good bags that will comfortably fit all this for maybe 75 dollars?

you sure you don't want a hard case trunk?

anyways, my lowepro aw backpacker (i think thats what it is) will hold 30d+grip, the fisheye, the flash, the 70-200, the cleaning crap, the 14-70.

its expensive though, and the 400 would be attached on the outside.

goodluck finding that bag . . . why don't you just not carry as much?

buy a 2x converter to get you by in a pinch when you don't have your 400.

i carry a d200 with grip, mamiya 645af, mamiya 80mm, 120 back, 18-70 nikon, 85 nikon, sb-800, sunpak ringlight, 2 reflecters, x-ray film bag(with film), lunch, change of clothes, filters, cleaning stuff, passport, money, slik 700dx tripod, memory cards. in a pinch i could get the d70 in there too i guess. if it rains you safe with that bag. i hike with all of that minus the tripod usually, and take it all on my trips. truth be told though i could get by with the d200 and 18-70 for most things. do you really need to carry that much stuff? probobly not. i carry it all so i don't lose anything, and because i'm out of the country and don't trust leaving gear around places i'm not familiar with.

You will be carrying a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff on your back and you only want to spend $75?? Most backpacks that can carry two long telephotos are going to be out of your budget... I"m estimating more than 4000g of weight... you will want something comfortable and sturdy.

i use a Tamrac Adventure 7 backpack and it's awesome. it won't hold all of what you have listed but i have a 30D attached with a 17-85 efs lens and i can also put in my light meter and charger. possibly a flash. they do make bigger bags that have the same look that hold more and also a laptop to boot. www.tamrac.com

if i buy another bag i'll prolly buy used if i can. or tamrac

tamrac is worth the money. the bags do not have the look of a camera bag so that sort of thwarts thieves a tad bit i believe. although, a thief would probably take anything they could get their hands on..

the bag holds up. it's really tough and weather-proof. i walk through rain all the time and never worry about my camera getting wet.

Looking for a photo backpack to fit a 30d with grip, 15mm fisheye, 17-40, 70-200, 400mm 5.6, 430ex flash, & a few small cleaning things. any one know of any good bags that will comfortably fit all this for maybe 75 dollars?

You can find some that may work but....
I bought an Amvona on ebay for about $60 and it worked. Except one day I went to sling it on by back and *SNAP!* went the back strap.

I saved and got the Lowepro Nature Trekker on Ebay for about $150.
Worth it!! No problems within the last year. LOOOOOVE it.

I have a Lowepro Computrekker AW, it's pretty good and would hold most of that...probably not the 400. It has a laptop sleeve and I don't even have a laptop yet...however it was cheaper than the same bag without the laptop area.

I'll also suggest that your budget for a bag is a little low...especially considering the cost of the gear involved.

I can highly recommend Lowepro...their bags are well made and well designed. I have three or four different ones.

LowePro is the best, JMO.
I would save, buy a new one off of ebay.
$75 is really not enough.

It is kind of like the tripod. You are not going to hold thousands of dollars in equiptment with a $20 tripod from Wal-Mart right? Same principle.

I tired it, got the tee-shirt. Don't follow suit. More hassle than it is worth.

i have already outgrown my Lowepro bag and am now looking at the Lowepro Slingshot... its like a one-strapped backpack, that you can just 'slingshot' round to the front for quick easy access without taking the whole bag off. looks impressive to me and costs aus$170ish... only $40 more than my 'too small' bag thats only 6 months old!!

i too swear by lowepro. i looked and mine is the nature trekker aw 2. it has a rain flap (would have to be super serious rain to need it though, i climbed up a waterfall with it, no rain flap, bag soaked on outside, dry on the inside. when it spends the night outside a tent i leave the rain flap on though, just in case.

the daypacks they come with are great., but the straps are a bit wimpy.

You can find some that may work but....
I bought an Amvona on ebay for about $60 and it worked. Except one day I went to sling it on by back and *SNAP!* went the back strap.

I had the very same thing happen with my Dynatran backpack. I'm just going to replace the buckles with something sturdier, though, since I love the roominess.

:D dude, I am telling you. You will get it, later you will say "I wish I had just saved". For the most part it is ok. But if you are really backpacking, like I do, and expect performance out of it, like I do, then don't waist your money.

If you want just something to hold everything but are not going to actually use it much, this will work great.

It may last for about 6 months. So you might be able to save up and get a LowePro or another good one by then.
Your call.

I have bought several amvona items. Ballhead, reflectors, stands, reflector stands, backpack. Everything, everthing is of basic quality but looks good. More bling than functional. I am a functionist.. it must function first.
Buuut that is me.

Most reactions

Back