Photo bag stolen from car

Are you the guy that dropped your camera in water...

I have a floater policy on my camera stuff..

:hugs:

Interesting choice of words ... :lmao:

Just because the security cameras were not pointed at your house doesn't mean that you shouldn't look at them. Because of the alarm you know what time this happened. Check all the camera's in your community to spot a vehicle coming or going. Also if there are know vehicles on the camera that could be a good indicator that it might be someone who lives close by on foot. I work in law enforcement and many times it is somebody really close (friend, family, or neighbor sad to say) because the don't think you will suspect them. When people are desperate for many you can't trust anybody. Most of this stuff happens close to the crooks house. What are the odd that somebody from far away would get into your neighborhood, pick the one car that has a 5K camera in the back seat. Somebody knows you have it and what it is worth or they saw you load it into your car. Just a hunch.

Not to be an asshole/rub salt in the wound...but why would you leave $5000 of ANYTHING in your car? I wont even leave my Itouch in my car.

And I agree with flying lowe... Ask your neighbors if they had anything broken into. If not then its probably an "inside job". You really gotta think with a street mentality. Everyone is a suspect. (Now dont go around interrogating all your friends lol) Ask questions to friends and neighbors and most importantly, to yourself; Who knows that you have this gear?

And not to **** on cops or anything, but if they are anything like cops down here they arent gonna do a dam thing. So looks like you gonna have to go in rambo

Take action now. The sooner the better.

Good luck!

i realize this sounds like locking the barn door after the horse is gone, but really people you need to insure your equipment. It isn't expensive and in fact my rider also takes care of repairs as well as loss.

i realize this sounds like locking the barn door after the horse is gone, but really people you need to insure your equipment. It isn't expensive and in fact my rider also takes care of repairs as well as loss.

Is that under home owner's or can you purchase separate insurance? 'Cus that's good to know!

100% sure its someone you know.

I really, really hope you get your stuff back!!! I understand that this is devastating.

I know you will never ever leave any gear in the car over night.

When I was living in a gated community (with security personnel patrolling) we saw cars, motorcycles and stereos being stolen ALL THE TIME!!!

I never ever leave anything worth more than $5 in my car. Whether it's during the day OR at night!

People who are after your stuff watch you and wait for the right moment!

Best of luck!

File a police report with serial numbers etc. And then call every pawn shop within 50 miles and give the same info to them. Check craigslist as well, but not sure how you'd be able to "absolutely" know if it was your unless the same poster tries to piece it out and it ends up being everything in your bag. Also, do you have car/renters insurance?? Depending on the policy, you may be able to file a claim. . .That's a travesty, so sorry. . .

Terrible news :( I'm sorry. There are some great suggestions above, definitely be proactive rather than waiting for an overwhelmed police force. They are wonderful, dedicated individuals but sadly are incredibly overwhelmed and unfortunately for you property theft is often triaged as a lower priority to physical violence and drug-related matters.

Have faith and be proactive, good luck and let us know if there's any news.

Just saw that you were in a gated community. . .Hate to say it, but for that much gear, I'd go to every house in the neighborhood, especially those with kids and inform them of what happened. They'll be glad to know about the theft and may "hear" something about where it went. . .good luck.

Overnight my camera bag was stolen from my car parked in front of my house. Lost my 5D Mark II, a 24-105L, a 17-40L, and a 50 1.8. About $5000 worth of gear. ****!!!

Any advice? Should I keep an eye on Craigslist?

I had my bag stolen out of my dorm room and home owners insurance covered it. Just don't tell them you take for profit or that will be under a bussiness insurance. My lost was also around $5000 and insurance covered it 100%.

I didn't know you could get a "rider" type for your car. I'm bad about leaving it in my car too.........I'll need to take it inside.

You don't think someone might have done this to "teach you a lesson." As already stated, it's probably someone you know. I hate to say teach you a lesson, but how many people knew you had all this equipment. SOMEONE in your community saw you put it there. Was it day or night. If it was done at night, I"m sure they didn't just go to every car and see what was in there. Tinted windows are tinted for a reason, to help outside people not see in. If it was at night, that just makes it even harder to see.

I hope you find it! Wonder what part of CA they would post it in under CL?

Just got back from Browsing SF Bay Area CL
I'm not familiar with SF but FS: Canon 24-105mm f4 L IS USM lens - $1000 (emeryville) FS: Canon 24-105mm f4 L IS USM lens
Doesn't say it's with a box and the seller is looking for a 24-70 2.8 but you never know
Canon 17-40mm f4 - $585 (palo alto) Canon 17-40mm f4
Vague on description. Says it's actual lens pictures
Another 17-40 My Canon 17-40L for your 10-22 (fairfield / vacaville) My Canon 17-40L for your 10-22
Seems to be using the same concept for the tagging at the bottom of the ad as the ad above for palo alto

Not really sure where Emeryville and fairfield are to where you are, but that doesn't matter. They could post on CL wherever they wanted to. That's all I could find, I'm sure you're searching every day and have already seen these ads

~Michael~

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back