Photo bag stolen from car

I havn't read the whole thread but I was always told to never put any bag in visible area of the car, some people even break your windows for some coins they see inside.

This thread have also inspired me to take a picture of my gears and its serial numbers just to be on the safe side. Oh and the insurance part too.

mine is under a rider with homeowners insurance. it pays for lost for repairs, etc. I just have to send them a receipt for anything new and everyfew years have an appraisal done and keep things updated.

For instance i have some 4x5 lenses that increase in value and if i don't keep those up todate and something happens the insurance only covers the most current appraisl on the policy.

Of course some equipment loses value some gain, but it even out.

i feel your pain. someone stole my navigation tomtom out of my truck. i was so mad!

Honestly, people never cease to amaze me. Some people just don't know how to make an honest living. I know this post is redundant, but man I'm sorry to hear about it.

i feel your pain. someone stole my navigation tomtom out of my truck. i was so mad!

Yeah a $100 Nav. unit is comparable to $5k in camera equiptment.:er:

Sorry to hear man, hope it comes up somewhere, maybe this was covered, but if you live in a gated community, wouldnt their be security cameras?

:hug:: Sorry for your loss! I know I live in anxiety every time I have to leave my camera bag in my car (and it is only $2K worth of equipment), I usually lug it around with me everywhere, I can't imagine leaving it in a car overnight!

Would this sort of loss be covered under a homeowner's/renter's policy? I am planning on photographing my newly replaced power tools for insurance (I lost the others to divorce :x ) maybe I had better photograph my camera and record the serial numbers, as well.

I can't think of any possession I would be more upset about losing to a thief than my camera! :x

Would this sort of loss be covered under a homeowner's/renter's policy?

It would be if he had any.. but he mentioned a couple times throughout that he was in the midst of getting it, but not on time :( Also mentioned a couple times are riders to homeowners/renters insurance...

That really stinks though! I will definitely remember to 'just lug it with me....' although we had a $400 radar detector stolen from us while we lived downtown.. we were dumb about it.. we got comfortable since we had lived there a year 1/2 leaving it in the window of the car all that time.. Silly us. But that definitely DOES not compare to your loss.. sorry :(

Would this sort of loss be covered under a homeowner's/renter's policy?

It would be if he had any.. but he mentioned a couple times throughout that he was in the midst of getting it, but not on time :( Also mentioned a couple times are riders to homeowners/renters insurance...

That really stinks though! I will definitely remember to 'just lug it with me....' although we had a $400 radar detector stolen from us while we lived downtown.. we were dumb about it.. we got comfortable since we had lived there a year 1/2 leaving it in the window of the car all that time.. Silly us. But that definitely DOES not compare to your loss.. sorry :(

I know he didn't have the insurance, it was more of a 'mental' note to myself, I guess.

I have been meaning to get all my valuables photographed and all serial numbers recorded and this incident just brings it to the forefront, especially since we are at 'war' with the local dirtbikers and we've already had some minor vandalism. The shop and houses are well protected, but who knows what mischief people are capable of.

My camera has come in handy to make a photographic log of their trespass so far. ;)

A pox on all thieves! :grumpy:

That's a bummer man. Same thing happened to me a few years back with ALL my gear off of an airplane.

i called. its not covered. getting 25k in renters insurance coverage now for $13.50/month.

Do you use your cameras for strictly personal use? Or do you use them for business? If you have any sort of business going you should conciter adding business insurance instead of renters. It covers property owned by your business, including buildings, inventory, contents, equipment and, in some cases, the personal effects of customers and employees against such perils as fire, windstorm, falling objects, burglary, and so on. Shop around for business insurance quotes, it may cost a little more but its totally worth it. There is also the added benifit of "Interruption Insurance". If you're unable to work due to lack of equipment, you can claim loss of income!

Best of luck,
Joe

That's a bummer man. Same thing happened to me a few years back with ALL my gear off of an airplane.

LOL. Wow +1 to mrmacedonian, sounds like an interesting story.

Also 'that's a bummer man' great now I've got Lebowski on the brain.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back