photo bags

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
huh you know what?! I have never imagined how difficult buying a photo bag may be. With my previous cam I had no problem - just bought the cheapest bag. it was small but big enough to store my camera and filters. What's more I could easily put the bag to my school backpack and go for a ride on teh bike.
Today I went to MediaMarkt willing to buy a bag for canon 350d. I wanted a bag which is big enough to store the camera, second lens, a wallet and so on... but when I found the one i like it was.. .so huge that I looked like a traveller in a mountains - I could easily pack all my things for 2 week trip inside. On the other hand I faound smaller one which was nice but it costed... $350 !!! damn! come on! so much cash for a bag? Then I moved to the backpack section and found one that I loved... and it costed $450 !!! So.. .do you have any good tips and tricks where and how to store my camera and how to travel with it both by foot and by bike???

I havre a cannon camera backpack. It has enuogh room in the main compartment for your camera (or two if your lucky enough to have two) 3-4 lenses depending on size, Filters, charger, Etc. It also has a two other comparments where you can store wires, photos, journals, etc. Furthermore it has straps on the bottom to hold your tripod (I use this all the time while Im biking and shooting) as well as straps on the side for water bottles or anything else you may have. It also has two small side compartments perfect for the mounting plates for quick release tripod heads. It cost me $70 USD at my local camera shop.
Here is a link http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=770898/
Its a great bag where you can fit everythintg you may or may not need while shooting. Currently I have my Nikon D50, a 18-70mm lens, a 55-200mm lens, a Giga one portablre harddrive, two lens hoods, my Giga one charger, my battery charger, 4 filters in their cases, My camera book, a notpad, and some miscellaneous wires to hook up my camea to different computers and TVs. Its a great bag and I think you will find it allows you to pack everything you need to go out and take pictures for days.

I don't know what's avaliable to you in Poland...but you should check out bags from Loewpro, Tamerak & Domke. Some bags can be really expensive, but there are some that are more reasonable. Although, if you buy a good one, it should last a lifetime.

There are backpack bags that have the camera gear on the bottom and a regular bag above. Check out Lowepro's Orion bags http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Backpacks/allWeather/Orion_AW.aspx

If cost is important [and when isn't it!] you might think of an over-the-shoulder lady's tote. Single-wrap your gear in individual pieces of bubble wrap. This will probably give better protection than most of the camera bags available. And if you don't shop a very expensive boutique, the cost should be low.

got a crumpler backpack cost me 70 quid 140 dollars i think but im look to up grade to something bigger as ive ran out of space

The only advice I can give you, is the following
1 Think what do you want better fast accesibility or comfort (that will tend to cross out certain models, for example buying a carry bag or a backpack style bag)
2 What would you be using it in (mostly indoors, outdoors, etc.) there are some bags that are actually water proof
3 Look at the dimentions and then in real life look for something that size, that happened to me with buying the dryzone200 from lowepro, when I actually got it it was gargantuan (my grand parents had trouble getting it into the plane) its the maximum size of a carry on.

That is all I can give you, also search and then ask here, cause for example the dryzone 200 is waterproof and all, but the size to what you can put in ratio is not balanced, and the acces to some places is kind of restrictive. Although after a while I got used to the size and its quite comfrtrable (even when I put my tripod on it). But when I first got it it wasn´t what I expected it to be

i dont have a backpack bag, but i do have a eos bag that cost me $40AUD
hold me camera , 2 lenses, filters, clothe and can hold my wallet and phone if i need it too , only small too.

Sir Tony said:
Same here, Adventure 7 to be exact.

I'll put a vote in for this bag (Adventure 7) and Tamrac in whole.
IMHO Tamrac bags seem to have a better "build" quality to them.
Newer Lowpro seem to be getting the "cheap" feeling without the cheap price.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back