voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We used to do a day in the life of photo blogs in the past and I wanted to bounce an idea past y'all to gauge interest. I was thinking a forum specfically for photo blogs like the day in the life of project we had a while back. A place to post a series with a common theme, with a written story or just for a series that tells a story without text.

What do you think?

voodoocat said:
Ok, who the voted no and didn't give a reason? :roll:

Me :mrgreen:

Here's my honest thoughts on it... I find, personally, that usually the photography of the day in the life type things is not as good as it could be. I think it encourages quantity over quality. (There are, of course, exceptions, Manda has gotten very good at them.)

I realize I will probably be a lone voice. I'm weird and I accept that. :|

I do think the name Photo blog isn't right for something like this (or at least what I imagine you are trying to do). I think calling it a Photo Essay subforum would be more appropriate.

:roll: I didn't say the name of the forum was set in stone :p
Well we have a gallery where people can dump their latest roll... a critique gallery to get honest feedback... a themes section. Critique can be quality over quantity...

all i want is a chicken sandwich.

damn you chad, damn you.

md

I voted yes, though I totally follow what Mindy is saying. And I've never participated in anyone's blog, so I'd be following along but trailing in the rear, so to speak.... :mrgreen:

oriecat said:
Me :mrgreen:

Here's my honest thoughts on it... I find, personally, that usually the photography of the day in the life type things is not as good as it could be. I think it encourages quantity over quality. (There are, of course, exceptions, Manda has gotten very good at them.)

I realize I will probably be a lone voice. I'm weird and I accept that. :|

I do think the name Photo blog isn't right for something like this (or at least what I imagine you are trying to do). I think calling it a Photo Essay subforum would be more appropriate.
I'm along the same lines here. As someone who doesn't go or do anything interesting enough to be able to post a photo a day (or even a week) I struggle to see the full potential of photoblogs.

That doesn't mean I won't read them. Just that I wouldn't have one myself. :)

Terri, if you need some to get a handle on your rear, just ask. :mrgreen:

Great idea voods!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back