Photo Booth??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done this at one of the weddings that I was a side shooter.

It worked out great. Setup on a tripod with OCF, focused in on the area one time with a deep DOF and snapped away! It was slow at first, so we started snapping some shots of ourselves and then it picked up. Got some CRAZZZY ASS drunk shots too!!!

No printing on site. Main photog just included them with the finished packaged.

I am considering buying a Photo Booth (nikon N90) backup for celebrity type "press release" Hollywood style photo's on the side at weddings, among others. I looked at "Mojo Photo Booths" system out of chicago,
and a few others, capacity about 10-12 people, under 100 lbs and totally portable. Does anybody else know of a high capacity, fairly advanced systems out there?

Last edited:
there are two types presented here by the descriptions it seems - one is a formal shot setup like at a prom, the other is a photobooth. a photobooth should be automated with no photographer behind the cam clicking the shutter. otherwise, you're just bringing in a backdrop. if you market this as a photobooth, you're deceiving the bride imo. there are systems that run about 6k and come with great support from the selling company.

Now days there are hundreds of options for creating photo booths. i have started a website which is going to feauture a lot of informaiton with regards to photo booth. Feel free to stop by and visit. Content will start being added starting next week. Booth.rs - Photo booth resource: diy, reviews, trends and more! visit us if you have any questions with regards to photo booth I will be glad to help out.

Silly props are indeed popular at weddings! Boxing gloves, feather boas, funny hats and sunglasses, fancy masks, it's really wide open. Have fun in the photo station and the guests will love it. I've manned three, and both times everyone young and old dressed up in silly props (so did I).

The setup was simple, two lights and a background, and the photos were uploaded online in 2 days (the photographer sells digital downloads for $1 and prints for more). Although I set up a tripod at first, I quickly got rid of it to be more flexible. A big concern is space, it's definitely easier to figure out where you'll be allowed to set up before the day of the wedding.

to me a photobooth requires a software driven process. if you're operating a camera in front of the subjects, the photos are subject to inhibition and are less candid.

Several people recently are now asking for their events to have a photo booth for their guests to enjoy at their function. One of the best businesses I've heard of is AllSmilesSolutions that sell and rent different types of photo booths for all kinds of events. Plus they also can send your pictures quickly to your email if you don't want to print them out. Has anyone heard anything about them before?

Here is two of me setting up a booth at the last wedding I was 2nd shooting at.

107niah.jpg

This consists of the following:
  1. Extra Camera on a tripod
  2. cable trigger to keep from shaking camera
  3. OCF with umbrella
  4. Background stand with a curtain from Target (bought same day)

My father keeps nagging me to do this sort of thing "Because most wedding togs Fu** off by the time the reception starts"
But basically you need:
Backdrop of your choice if any
Shoot in JPEG for quicker printing, and try make sure you get all the exposure settings correct
A Camera
A Lens (just incase.. you know can never be too careful!!!)
tripod, just makes the images easier to do
Lightsource such as a flash just incase the available lighting sucks

Laptop + tether cable for easier image viewing and printing
Plenty of ink
Paper
Key ring seals or something or a laminator... up to you tbh.

What about studio lights ?

Last edited:
Actually I see these all the time at Charity balls, corporate parties, hotel ballroom type of parties etc. Its common to see a white background one studio strobe high and center with a huge umbrella, and the camera is set to a black & white jpeg. Then prints can be made instantly and people can also order additional prints via a computer ordering station. One company even sets up a projector and a slide show of the photos being taken plays throughout the night.

Which company was giving such offer. It was very nice that you can order more prints via a computer ordering station. And i hate white background in studios.

Holy thread revival.
I just did this 2 weekends ago for my brothers engagement party. Just had a grey dropsheet, camera set up on tripod with flashgun mounted on the camera and pointed it back at the roof (sloping roof that bounced light back onto subjects. I was ready to set it up tethered or with a wireless trigger so that people could use it but I ended up just manning it (pretty fun after a few beers). We just opened it for an hour and a half mid party.

Something else I did was print out some mustaches and lips and stick them to kebab sticks so people could much around if they wanted to... and they did!

I am no people photographer and know these are nothing compared to what you will come up with but people were happy with the results.

14371287763_32f44d7684_z.jpg

14164613167_e30e9bf0f7_z.jpg

14164509330_765cae7b1e_z.jpg

Last edited:
The Booths are touch screen operated and use professional Canon DSLR cameras to give you quality pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back