Photo Bucket

Rick58

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I couldn't find a place for this so here it is.
Yesterday Photo Bucket began uploading my photo's washed out. It's aways uploaded exact copies from my hard drive, yesterday it began uplaoding my photos WAY over brightenAny ideas? I checked the site for some setting that I may have changed, I see nothing. I don't want to re-edit my originals using their editor

Last edited:
Strange. They should not be "changing" your photos at all. No site should! Except for maybe resizing them. You sure they were completed uploads? They finished transferring?

Two things to check

1) That you've not accidentally enabled some kind of auto-edit feature whilst you are uploading. Many upload hosts now offer this rough editing and it could be you've enabled it so check your custom, user and upload settings (it could be hiding in a place you don't expect it to)

2) Check your colourspace setup - might be that you've suddenly changed your working/saving/outputting colourspace and thus when the shots are going up onto the net they are appearing the wrong colour because your browser is not colour managed (eg internet explorer isn't colour-space aware).

Strange. They should not be "changing" your photos at all. No site should! Except for maybe resizing them. You sure they were completed uploads? They finished transferring?

Yeah, they're completely uploaded. If I look at all my prvious uploads, they' re stored on Photo Bucket just fine. Starting yesterday, every upload is washed out. I even tried re- uploading photo's I've uploaded before and they look like crap.

Two things to check

1) That you've not accidentally enabled some kind of auto-edit feature whilst you are uploading. Many upload hosts now offer this rough editing and it could be you've enabled it so check your custom, user and upload settings (it could be hiding in a place you don't expect it to)

2) Check your colourspace setup - might be that you've suddenly changed your working/saving/outputting colourspace and thus when the shots are going up onto the net they are appearing the wrong colour because your browser is not colour managed (eg internet explorer isn't colour-space aware).

I thought for sure it was a setting somewhere, but couldn't find anything like what you suggested. I'm going to load and save them with another editor and see if I get the same results

Well, thanks guys. I have no idea. I re-uploaded after saving with another editor and all is fine. I'll have to investigate Overread's suggestion that I may may changed a setting in my editor.

photobucket is probably the worst website on the internet.

Like Overhead said. Check you colorspace settings...

I've been using Photo Bucket for many years and have no complaints.
Pretty much every photo I have ever posted here at TPF is hosted at Photo Bucket.

I also have, or have had, accounts at several other online photo sharing sites.

Same here Keith. PB always worked flawlessly for me until two days ago. First the photo's uploaded extremely over-brighten, then it went to extremely over contrasty.
I took a photo that was giving me problems, loaded it into another editor, resaved it, and after uploading to PB, it was fine. Like others here said, I need to check the settings in the editor. I may have jumped the gun blaming PB

Most reactions

Back