Photo CD ?

stang96mj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am wondering how much you all charge for your photo CD's? How many photos are on the CD? Etc.... Thanks

I sell a CD with 5 poses for $30.00 and each additional pose for $5.00. $20.00 sitting fee. So, most of the time I make a little over $100 per session.....which I am VERY happy with, Photography is a passion and hobby for me, so getting paid to do it is just a plus! :) Plus, keeping my rates at a reasonable price I get TONS of business!

Most photographers don't sell their digital images. They want you to buy prints. Although, it is becoming more popular to offer them.

Our DVD's start at $650 for 10 images but clients have to make a minimum purchase to qualify for purchasing a DVD. Though the digital files are high resolution files, the use license they come with limits the maximum print size to 8x12 and personal use only.

If they want images to use on social networking sites we provide a separate DVD of web (low) -resolution, watermarked images at no additional charge when they buy the high-res DVD.

wow, i dont know much about photography as a business but i never thought a photo disc would be that much haha

Go look at pro photographer's websites and look at what prints cost. If I sold you a photo CD for $20 of let's say 10 poses, and I sell the 8x10 for say, $100, what's going to stop you from just purchasing the CD, and going to a photolab and printing your own 8x10s for a few bucks?

If photographer sold the digital files of their images for a low price, they'd go out of business very quickly.

wow, i dont know much about photography as a business but i never thought a photo disc would be that much haha
The disc is cheap. It's the images on it that cost a couple of bucks each.

People don't realize that places like Wal-Mart, Walgreens, Staples and other similar places that sell prints, only sell paper and ink, not images, the customer has to provide those.

Most reactions

Back