Photo Challenge April '11 - "Water"

So, if we tightly define this topic, it would mean that the main subject of the image has to be water, right? So, like, a picture of a rose, with water drops misted on it wouldn't really count, because the rose would be the true subject, and the water secondary. I would appreciate clarification, so we don't have anyone upset with submissions not truly fitting a narrow definition of the topic.

Did we get clarification on this? I'm curious about it as well.

So, if we tightly define this topic, it would mean that the main subject of the image has to be water, right? So, like, a picture of a rose, with water drops misted on it wouldn't really count, because the rose would be the true subject, and the water secondary. I would appreciate clarification, so we don't have anyone upset with submissions not truly fitting a narrow definition of the topic.

Ah, submit a pic of a rock baking in the desert heat. You will probably win.

Ah, submit a pic of a rock baking in the desert heat. You will probably win.

Perfect! I live in Turkey... I'm a shoe-in!

Would ice count o:?

I was reading through the rules but maybe I'm overlooking it ?? Didn't it used to say the photo had to be taken during a certain time frame like, in the last six months or so?

OK. With that, I'll say that submission period is now closed, and I'll be taking a little look at how you all defined water in the end. Just so we're clear on the manner of interpretation of whether individual photos met the brief or not, it's down to those who vote as to whether you've done that or not. Voters need answer two questions, did a submission, in their eyes, fulfil the brief and is it a good photo.

Am I missing the voting poll, or is it just not up yet?

I agree With Bitter,

BTW Great Posts and Great Knowledge Sharing

Most reactions

Back