Photo Challenge March '11 - "Wildlife"

Yea I live in NY too and wow is there a lack of wildlife - how is a picture of a pigeon going to compete against a gazelle, huh?! Although if we could snap a photo of a carrier pigeon from inside a church on chore duty, now there's a picture

Does "wildlife" include insects? It's spring where I am and the insects are out in abundance, esp on the nice spring flowers.

Well I'm in... I was going to enter a photo of a blind mime trying to put together a puzzle of the titanic for Bynx... but I'm decided on some real wildlife instead... :p Looking forward to seeing the entries in this one... Good luck everyone

Sorry Sirashley but I already submitted the mime putting together a puzzle of the Lusitania. The Titanic is so cliché.

Yea I live in NY too and wow is there a lack of wildlife - how is a picture of a pigeon going to compete against a gazelle, huh?! Although if we could snap a photo of a carrier pigeon from inside a church on chore duty, now there's a picture

A dramatic shot of a pigeon in flight, particularly just as it's about to land or take off, would be infinitely more interesting than a gazelle eating grass. Pigeons are underated as models, y'know!

I have submitted my entry! :) I've been having a blast taking all kinds of Wildlife photos lately. :) I hope that my entry is worthy of being posted and judged beside all of the other Great Photos this site members produce!

Dick

I am very new to this website. Indeed just five minutes old. Can you tell me exactly how and where to post my photograph for any such challenge? Thanks a lot.

I am very new to this website. Indeed just five minutes old. Can you tell me exactly how and where to post my photograph for any such challenge? Thanks a lot.

Welcome to the Forum Parishrut! :thumbup: I'm pretty new to the forum to! :)

Here's what you have to do to submit a photo into the Contest:

Photo Challenge March '11 - "Wildlife"

Hi everyone,

Thanks to those who took part in the February '11 challenge, the poll will be up shortly.

For this month, I have decided to set the challenge topic as "Wildlife". Can I also suggest the following guidelines be followed:

• No pets, domesticated animals or zoo exhibits please - whatever you choose should be living free of human intervention.
  • Shoot specifically for the Photo Challenge - don't go raiding the archives, that is not a challenge!
  • The Challenge is about making you think and helping you improve the way you take pictures and the end results you get, so make an effort, get out there, try something different, but most of all, have fun!
  • Good luck :D
The prize for the winner of the vote, as always, will be a $25.00 Amazon voucher courtesy of the TPF owners.

For all those who wish to participate in this challenge please take a moment to read through the following:
  1. The deadline for submissions is 31 March 2011
  2. The image can be no larger then 150KB*
  3. Include your forum username when submitting
  4. The attached photo must be in the form of a .jpg
  5. Please keep your photo anonymous (no distinguishing watermarks, and no photos that have been posted previously on the forum)
  6. Submit no more than one photo
  7. If you wish you may include a title when submitting your photo (please ensure that the attached photo is renamed as the chosen title)
  8. The form must also be included when submitting the photo
  9. Despite what the FAQs indicate, confirmation emails will not be issued.
  10. The forum Admins and Moderators reserve the right to exclude or remove any photo solely at their discretion
  11. The forum Admins and Moderators reserve the right to decide the winner of the photo challenge
  12. All submitted photos will be posted, along with a poll, in a new thread within the first week of the following month
  13. Once created, the voting poll will last for 14 days before it closes automatically

>>>>>>>>>> Copy and Paste this form into your submission email <<<<<<<<<<

ThePhotoForum.com Username:

* Photo Title (optional):

Is the attached photo 150KB or less? Y/N

Is the attached photo a jpeg? Y/N

Has this photo been posted before on The Photo Forum? Y/N

>>>>>>>>>> End of form <<<<<<<<<<

Please submit only one photo per challenge.

Please enter your email subject as "March '11 Photo Challenge Submission"

* Please ensure that the attached photo is named the title you wish it to have otherwise the title will not be used.
.................................................. .................................................. ...

Please email your photo to [email protected] and remember to enter the subject as indicated.

All photos must include the form when submitted. Just copy and paste it into your email. This will ensure that no mistakes are made when photos are submitted and therefore, hopefully, no photos are excluded. If the form is not included in the submission email the photo will not be included in the challenge gallery and voting process.

There is more important information regarding rules and procedures located in the FAQ section. We highly recommend that you take the time to read these FAQs.

Good luck to everyone and have fun with this challenge!

*150KB will be taken as the &#8220;size on disk&#8221; and not the actual file size. Also some email programs consider 1KB=1000Bytes as opposed to 1KB=1024Bytes. When these programs calculate attachment size they will often read larger than they actually are. To be safe we recommend a target size of about 140KB so that once sent it does not go over 150KB.

Dick

I think what we should do is start a thread when the challenge voting is over for image critique. Just come into the thread, post your photo, and ask why people voted, or didn't vote for your image. It could be a way to get some real critique on your image and maybe learn something... This may also help to get inside the voters heads. I'll be the first one to post my image and say to you all, "let me have..." So after the challenge, lets do it!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back