Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
"Texture" Photo Challenge entries - which is your favourite?

Note: As always, it is well worth looking all of the images at their full size, as the thumbnails really don't do some of them all that much justice.

You may notice that in the gallery some files appear larger then 150KB, but every photo included was less then 150KB when uploaded to the gallery.

To ensure that voting remains fair only active participating members of the forum may cast a vote. New members may not be able to vote right away in a challenge due to restrictions that have been put in place. If you cannot vote, but believe that you should be able to, feel free to send a pm to myself or another TPF staff member.

Please keep in mind that we are trying to keep this challenge anonymous (and unbiased) when it comes to both the submitting and the voting. Please avoid sharing your opinions about any specific photos until after the voting has completed and the winner is announced.

Please read the titles carefully in order to avoid confusion before voting. The photos may not be sorted in the correct order so to ensure you view them in proper order scroll to the bottom of the page and where it says "Display Options" ensure you select Sorted By: "Image Name" Sort Order: "Ascending" and then click on the "Show Images" button.

After viewing the photos please take the opportunity to vote for your favourite. Good luck to all. If there are any questions please let us know.

The mods/admins of ThePhotoForum.com may decide the winner from the top five submitted photos. The winner of the photo challenge will be contacted by Private Message (PM) on the day that the winner is announced. If the winner does not respond to the PM within 30 days they will not receive their prize and it will be put towards a future challenge. If we are unable to ship the intended prize to the winner do to his/her location we will provide another prize of equal value.

The polls will be open for the next fourteen days.

Once again, I'll embed the images here as well, but I can't guarantee this will happen if we get a really big entry...

May10photo01
may10photo01.jpg

May10photo02
may10photo02.jpg

May10photo03
may10photo03_-_the_history_of_pumpkin_soup.jpg

May10photo04
may10photo04_-_desaturated_apple.jpg

May10photo05
may10photo05_-_roots.jpg

May10photo06
may10photo06.jpg

May10photo07
may10photo07.jpg

May10photo08
may10photo08_-_woodtar.jpg

May10photo09
may10photo09_-_spiral.jpg

May10photo10
may10photo10.jpg

May10photo11
may10photo11.jpg

May10photo12
may10photo12_-_sheep_creek_canyonut.jpg

May10photo13
may10photo13.jpg

May10photo14
may10photo14.jpg

May10photo15
may10photo15.jpg

I think perhaps it's time to bring this up to the top of the pile for a while. Let's have some more votes people. With all the images now included in the voting thread, it can't be made any easier to show your support for those who've found the time to mke a submission.

To be honest, number 6 is my favorite photo overall. But it seems that they submitted a photo that they already took, whereas number 1 fits the theme of the contest better, as if it was shot just for this.

Well with just 5 days to go, it's all looking very tight again this month. If you've not voted, now is the time to do so and recognise the efforts people have put into this.

The poll closes in just a few hours, so if you were planning to vote, now is your last chance. Things are still quite tight up there, so there is still the possibility for the placings to change. Go to it.

Sorry for the slight delay in announcing the winners for this month, I've been away on a course and rather pre-occupied. However, I'm back and can now confirm the following:

In 1st place, we have Schristopher with this image:

may10photo01.jpg

In second place is fokker with:

may10photo03_-_the_history_of_pumpkin_soup.jpg

and in 3rd place, we have Mendoza with this image:

may10photo08_-_woodtar.jpg

Thanks to everyone who took part and also the who voted. I'll get that message off to our winner then and sort out their prize for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back