Photo Cliches you Love to Hate

OMG - its 7 pages and no one is fighting. :)
I mean I know it haaaas happened in the past, but gosh darn it I'm not used to this concept of 7 pages in discussions and not locking something!

Zoo photos posted in Wildlife, that's a big one of my hates

Haaa, I remember that.

What's most amusing is that there is a way to fix that - just ensure that the number of pet and zoo photos gets so great that we have to open a new section to take the load ;)

I mean I know it haaaas happened in the past, but gosh darn it I'm not used to this concept of 7 pages in discussions and not locking something!

Zoo photos posted in Wildlife, that's a big one of my hates

Haaa, I remember that.

What's most amusing is that there is a way to fix that - just ensure that the number of pet and zoo photos gets so great that we have to open a new section to take the load ;)

You tryin to start sumpin? C'mere an say dat to ma face.:whip:;)

I try hard to appreciate HDR, but I still find it all a bit irritating.

In fairness I have seen some HDR that is well done, but sadly there is way to much out there that is massively oversaturated and just looks terrible. Not sure why people want to use it to take a perfectly good photograph and turn it into something that looks like a bad 3d rendering.

That Is pretty weird, I mean normally you'd expect someone to have taken offense at something by now.

Well I'll see what I can do but no promises mind you.. lol

That Is pretty weird, I mean normally you'd expect someone to have taken offense at something by now.

Maybe there are no arguments because everyone else thinks it is a fluff thread (no offense to the OP). There aren't any arguments (or darn few, if there were) in LB and TCH, either - both being definitive examples of fluff threads.

Either that, or everyone that finds us offensive has us on ignore.

Not sure why people want to use it to take a perfectly good photograph and turn it into something that looks like a bad 3d rendering.
If one's point of reference is Hollywood movies and video games, then everything looks flat and dull UNLESS you go hog wild on the HDR.

I try hard to appreciate HDR, but I still find it all a bit irritating.

If you're looking at an image and the first thing you think is HDR, then it's HDR done wrong.

If you're looking at an HDR and the first thing you think is "that's a great image" then it's HDR done right.

HDR should be the magician behind the curtain. It should be how an impossible exposure is made. It shouldn't be what the image is about.

HDR should be the magician behind the curtain. It should be how an impossible exposure is made. It shouldn't be what the image is about.
Like fill-flash or CPLs - a method, not a subject.

Last edited:
Sunset and sunrises.
Which are frequently indistinguishable from each other.
Unless in fast-motion video. At least twice now I have noticed a video of the sun supposedly rising in the northern hemisphere, but it was actually a sunSET.

I figure the videographer couldn't drag himself out of bed early enough to catch the sunrise, so he just recorded the sunset, and assumed that would suffice.

Not a cliche, though, thank The Maker.

Or drag them self out of bed to capture the sunrise and leave a one second fix tilted horizon.WTF

Or drag them self out of bed to capture the sunrise and leave a one second fix tilted horizon.WTF

I think this is a result of sunset/rise photos being pretty exclusively subject-oriented eyecandy. The photographer is so absorbed with the perty colors, he or she doesn't notice the obvious.

Most reactions

Back