photo clubs

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Wasn't sure where to stick this post. And no, it won't fit there...

How do you find out about your local photography clubs? And any way of making sure it won't just be five old farts in a pub? Because of my car I'm a member of two clubs and they have monthly meetings where we all sit in the pub and get ****ed. So I'd be looking for something local (around Luton) like that where it's not people sitting in a village hall going *puts on silly voice* "now this is from when I went to Africa. You can easily tell I used my lens at f2.8 notice how the colours are vivid... You there at the back with the strange car, wake up".

Well, I would just run a google search for your area, for starters. Or ask one of the boring old sods if there's anything better than what they're doing, although that might cost you your membership. :mrgreen:

Or you could try starting one, but that would probably be a bit of work.
What's that old Groucho Marx line...? "I wouldn't join a club that would have me as a member"?

Or is that one "I've a good mind to join a club, and beat you over the head with it"?

I'm confused.... :lol:

it won't just be five old farts in a pub?

Don't write those kind of people off. Sometimes they know more than you might think they do.

it won't just be five old farts in a pub?

Don't write those kind of people off. Sometimes they know more than you might think they do.

You've missed my intentions.

What I meant was I don't want to turn up to a meeting to find it's just five boring men and is always just those five boring blokes. And the reason that no-one else turns up is that, even though they know their onions, it's far more entertaining to go home and count your fingernail collection.

Cheers, lostprophet.

i used to be in my local camera club before i moved house.
i left there after a few years because i felt there were a few cliques and it was the same old routine every year.
similar competitions
same site visit (Glasgow Science Centre)
same bird reserve (Isle of May)
same stuff at the digital nights (of which there were too few IMO)

i felt that after a couple of years i wasn't learning anything so stopped going.
Going by the first post it sounds like that club isn't unique!

Most reactions

Back